cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pensacola Beach RV or Santa Rosa RV

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking at going to either Pensacola Beach RV Resort or Santa Rosa RV Resort. Both look very nice with Pensacola being across road from the gulf. For those who have been, which did you prefer and why? Pros and cons to either?
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4
7 REPLIES 7

DReisinger
Explorer
Explorer
If you go a little farther East, St. Andrews State Park is very nice

Floridafrances
Explorer
Explorer
Travelingman,

I live on Santa Rosa Island about 1 and half miles west of the Pensacola Beach RV Park. Because of that, I haven't stayed at either, but one thing I'd consider is this - The Santa Rosa RV Park is alongside Hwy 98 which is a very busy 4 lane highway all year long. Pensacola Beach RV Park, on the other hand, is on Hwy 399 (4 lane in that area, but 2 on most of The Island). While it can be busy, in the Fall it isn't very. Never as noisy as Hwy 98. Both are on Santa Rosa Sound. Main difference - besides possible highway noise - is the you can walk (drive if necessary, for your wife) a couple of blocks and be in a Gulf front parking lot at RBRVP whereas you drive across a bridge to get to the Gulf from SRRVP.

Whichever you choose, take time to drive 399 along The Island. Beautiful, with several parking lots where you can get out and enjoy the view of the beach and Gulf. And I hope you'll be in this area long enough to go to the Naval Aviation Museum. Wonderful place. So is Fort Pickens in Gulf Islands National Seashore at the far west end of The Island.

Please feel free to private message me if you have specific questions. I'll do my best to help.
Frances & Tom with 3 rescue cats - Peaches, Snippet,and BP. And in spirit Aja (Dec 2014) and Tipper (Oct 2016).
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
2008 4 door Hardtop Wrangler Unlimited 4X4

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's also Camp Gulf but it's very expensive.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
I had a waterfront site at Santa Rosa for a week and absolutely loved it. One of the cleanest parks I've ever been to, and it's very close to the beach.

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are looking at the 2 I listed as we are wanting a water view from the back window, both on intercoastal. DW not very mobile so would like to be on the water. Going in the fall so don't think crowds will be an issue. The military jets will be a bonus as we enjoy watching our great Air Force in action. Hoping to see Blue Angels practice while we are there.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Jerry above ^ . Topsail, Grayton Beach, and Henderson are all nice State Parks. I booked all three for next summer as I was stationed there in the Air Force for 7 years and have several friends that retired there and still some that work in the area.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you get into Topsail Hill SP? We liked it there. The area where Santa Rosa RV Resort is very congested, and is you're there during spring break the traffic is terrible. Topsail is 1/2 the price.

I don't know if airplane noise bothers you (I like it), but there was a lot of military jet activity when we were there.

Be sure to take a ride down 30A. Interesting set of communities.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox