cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,570 REPLIES 3,570

Dave_in_Denver
Explorer
Explorer
Here is another of our favorite sites at Mueller State Park, Colorado. This one is Site 44.

Site 44 is an easy-to-enter back-in site. It is a little short for our 5th wheel (33 feet) and truck.
Dave & Kay
Campin' on the Driveway in Parker, CO
The Driveway Chronicles
2004 Mobile Suites 36CK3

Dave_in_Denver
Explorer
Explorer
Here we are in another of our favorites. This one is Site 16 in Bahia Honda State Park - Mile Marker 37 in the Florida Keys. Photo is taken from the Old Overseas Highway Bridge.

In our opinion, the best RV sites in Bahia Honda are 15, 16 and 14 in that order. All are terrific. (We have not visited since Hurricane Wilma, but believe the site configurations are still the same.)
Dave & Kay
The Driveway Chronicles
2004 Mobile Suites 36CK3

ackjay
Explorer
Explorer
Site #29 Brown County State Park in Nashville, Indiana.

Site #66 River Plantation RV Park in Sevierville, TN.

And while at River Plantation, we visited the Great Smokey Mountains.
2000 Chevy Silverado 4X4 Z71 5.3L Tow package w/3.73 gears
2005 Trail Cruiser 21RBH
Prodigy Brake Controller
Mckesh Mirrors
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders

Dave_in_Denver
Explorer
Explorer
Here's an interesting "Campsite" photo. This one of the RV parking area at the 2001 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.

If you think this looks like "camping" in a big parking lot, you are of course correct. If you think it looks like an incredible amount of fun, you've also got that right!
Dave & Kay
The Driveway Chronicles
2004 Mobile Suites 36CK3

Dave_in_Denver
Explorer
Explorer
Site 40, Mueller State Park, Colorado. This is a pull through site. The majority of our windows are on the street side of our 5th wheel, so we enter this site "backwards".

Entering Site 40 backwards means that we have to walk around the trailer to get to the picnic table and etc. It also means we wake up to this view.

Dave & Kay
The Driveway Chronicles
2004 Mobile Suites 36CK3

SpoiledRotten
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Lucy, Beautiful rig!
Just the 3 of us...SpoiledRotten, TotallyRotten, and ALittleRotten
2000 F-250 Lariat, CC
7.3 PSTD-Superchipped
2005 33RL2 New Vision - AKA "SpoiledRotten"
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition

HeresLucy
Explorer
Explorer
radiohokie wrote:
Lucy,

That HAD to be tough getting that DP into Goose Point! ๐Ÿ™‚ I've been there several times, while I've seen some fairly large 5ers there, I've never seen a large motorhome like yours there before.

As far as sites go, you probably picked one of the easiest to get into...once you get around that curve, just back it straight in. Site #18 is beautiful - we were in it last August. The CG and that view is definitely worth the hassle to get there.

We're headed to Goose Point this weekend...can't wait! :B

Yea - we had our moments.. if those dang posts were not there or further back - we would have no problems. Have a good time on your trip.

Lucy
2006 Allegro Bus 40' DP
2005 Grand Cherokee

radiohokie
Explorer
Explorer
Lucy,

That HAD to be tough getting that DP into Goose Point! ๐Ÿ™‚ I've been there several times, while I've seen some fairly large 5ers there, I've never seen a large motorhome like yours there before.

As far as sites go, you probably picked one of the easiest to get into...once you get around that curve, just back it straight in. Site #18 is beautiful - we were in it last August. The CG and that view is definitely worth the hassle to get there.

We're headed to Goose Point this weekend...can't wait! :B
New TV: 2010 FORD F150 FX4 SuperCab 4x4 5.4 3.73
Former TV: 2001 FORD F250 SD CC 4X4 7.3 PSD (sold Nov 2014)
1999 Terry 26T, Hensley Arrow, Prodigy
ME, DW, DD, DS and a spoiled-rotten weiner dog

HeresLucy
Explorer
Explorer
Site 18 @ Goose Point COE campground in Bassett, Va.

DH (fists in the air) He is celebrating.. we made it!

The 5 miles off route 57 into this CG -- lots of turns - some steep and blind. Once inside the CG -- the road to Loop C has 1 tight hairpin turn. And then below is a tight curve we had to make - to get to our site. Posts like the ones shown in this pic exist throughout the park.

We have a 40' Bus -- so if we fit -- you might too.

But after all this - it's worth it when you get a view like this. Just spectacular. We love it here - we have reservations for Mid October - same spot. Sure hope the fall colors are peaking.

Edit to correct spelling.

Lucy
2006 Allegro Bus 40' DP
2005 Grand Cherokee

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, "spoiled rotten"!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

SpoiledRotten
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
Nice campsites! Where are they?

If you are addressing me, they are Pelahatchie, MS., Mendenhall, MS.(boondocking), Leake County Water Park, MS., and Hot Springs, AR(on a mountain/hill :)). In that order.
2000 F-250 Lariat, CC
7.3 PSTD-Superchipped

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Nice campsites! Where are they?
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

SpoiledRotten
Explorer
Explorer

2000 F-250 Lariat, CC
7.3 PSTD-Superchipped

VTSuperdog
Explorer
Explorer
Crazy Horse CG, Littleton, NH; Site #19
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 CC D/A LB SRW
TransferFlow 56 Gal Fuel Tank
2005 Innsbruck FWBH
Tom / Pilot Dani / Co-Pilot, Navigator
TJ & Shane O' / Providing the entertainment
Trisha the WunderDog (Blue Aussie Cattle Dog)

five4camping
Explorer
Explorer
I really enjoyed looking at all these pictures. Guess I'm going to have to get out camping more so I can add to the list. Thanks for sharing, everyone!!