cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quartzsite report

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a bit early and still pretty hot, but I enjoy it when it's not so crazy busy.

I'm running my generators every day from noon until dark. I like to stay comfortable, but since I hear almost nobody else running theirs, I take it they are happy sweating it out. This is why I always question people who ask about getting a generator to run the air... most people just don't do that. Maybe they can, and just don't bother.. I'm not really sure.

Both McDonald's and Burger King are undergoing dining room remodeling..at the same time..weird.. but Carl's Jr is open. Their milkshakes are pretty good. Too bad they don't have a mobile ordering feature on their app. I've seen some long lines.

I'm wearing a face mask this year to avoid bronchitis.. hopefully. I've gotten it every couple years here and it sucks!! Must be something in the dirt.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
50 REPLIES 50

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be in La Posa South on the 25 Nov and setting up for the winter.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still hanging around California waiting for it to get about 10°F cooler in Quartzsite before I head over. I usually arrive mid November...

WackAway
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

Tilted my 6 solar panels yesterday.. getting 655 watts out of a possible 835. Not bad.

How many Db does that make at 655 watts? Prolly less then a "NO PIE" whine. haha
Todd & Victri
"Looking for the perfect spot and points in-between"
2017 Ford F350 Lariat Super Duty 4x4
2017 KZ Durango Gold G380FLF 40ft
800W Solar | Morningstar TS-MPPT-60 | Aims 3000W Inverter Charger

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
We specifically bought a small Class C that way underloads the E450 chassis under it.

One of the reasons for doing this was so we could visit the Q every January and load up with rocks from the vendors at The Q and from the hills around The Q.

:B
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

MrWizard
we did not make it this past Jan
and high probability that it wont happen this coming Jan either

but after that look out !!
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Happy Prospector wrote:
Main Street Eatery
Good laundromat too.

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
I'm here in La Posa South and run my genny about 2 to 4 hours in the afternoon depending on the temp. Quartzsite is great this time of year: temps not to bad, winter population not to bad yet, great trails for riding the quad all over the place, and great food at a reasonable price at the Main Street Eatery. Plus the coffee is free and you get great service.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
It's still too hot for us but we are working our way down and will be checking out the Quail when we get there.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was craving a piece of banana/chocolate pie from the Mt. Quail Cafe out on N Moon Mountain Ave.

So I go there, and the pastry case is empty!! Waitress said when they came in this morning it was 60° in there and they had to toss it all. Bummer!! I guess my pie will have to wait until tomorrow.

Funny how life's like that sometimes. That's probably never happened to them before. I don't know if you Q'ers eat there but it's really good food.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I would get a second opinion on the infection if picked up again.
Thanks for the report. Although I will not be out this year or the next five.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm fine.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
rjxj wrote:
You could run all the generators in the Q with all your money! 🙂
Now that you mention it, yeah, I probably could! hehe

Tilted my 6 solar panels yesterday.. getting 655 watts out of a possible 835. Not bad.

LOL, Nice power, I hope your health issues clear up.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
rjxj wrote:
Now that you mention it, yeah, I probably could! hehe

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
naturist wrote:
Are you sure that's bronchitis and not Valley Fever? Just askin'.... Her (bride) answer was a resounding "hell, no!" So you'll just have to enjoy Quartzite for me, 'k?
I will. The Q is definitely not for everyone. My GF hates it here too.

No, it's bronchitis, according to the doctor here. Treatable with Z-pacs,thank goodness. Actually he commented that VF is relatively rare.