cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Red River,NM

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Campground suggestions for Red River or is there a better area to go.I just need a few days away from the Tx heat.
5 REPLIES 5

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Any place in Red River is going to be good to get out of the heat but also Check out Cimarron Canyon State Park
OR at the same distance from Amarillo is Monument Lake Resort in Colorado.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

LowRyter
Explorer
Explorer
I found a nice park just east of Taos. There are several on the highway east of Taos and towards red river.
John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Ducati 939 SS, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from a trip just outside of Taos. Rained some each day and the temps were great. Never ran the a/c.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty much any of the three higher-elevation towns in the Sangre de Cristo mountains of northern New Mexico should help: Red River, Eagle Nest, Angel Fire. But even somewhat lower areas like Santa Fe or Taos are surely a great improvement!

It kind of depends, though, on where you are in Texas. If you're from north Texas, then northern New Mexico. If from more southern areas of Texas, then you might want to consider someplace down in the Sacramento Mountains: Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, etc.

๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just head on up to Wichita Falls up into OKLA to Medicine Park and visit the Wichita Mtns Wildlife Refuge... Lots of shade there and two or three lakes to visit. Camp Doris is a nice park with both hookups and non hookups......

Used to go up there alot when we lived in Wichita Falls.

Of course it probably will be a bit cooler North of Albuquerque on the Colo border in the Natl Forest Mtns

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS