cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reservation at Grand Haven State Park MI

Katman1100
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any tricks to getting a reservation here on the water? Obviously they are in high demand, and I keep trying to get on right before the deadline to reserve a site, but I either am told system is slow and I end up missing it, or the site is no longer available.

I know a lot of people book 2 weeks out to get the week they want and then cancel the first week later so if anyone has a a few days they are going to cancel in July of this year please let me know the time you will be doing it so hopefully I can pick up one of these cancellations!
Any help to secure a waterfront site here would be appreciated.
30 REPLIES 30

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
What about Grand Haven is the attraction?

If it's a site on water you're after, there's more attractive parks that may be easier to get into.

If not, most parks along the expressway and lakeshore are very very difficult to get into for July. Tens of thousands of visitors and only a few thousand campsites.

Moving away from the expressways makes your chances a lot better.

I should add, if you're self sufficient, overnight parking is permitted and water hose taps are available at the Manistee beach, only ninety minutes North. You're not on the beach but it's right across the street.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed