cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rest Area, Truck Stop or WALMART in HWY 80 E after Reno, NV

Virgil_Diesel
Explorer
Explorer
This Labor Day weekend, DW and I are leaving for Ely, NV from the Bay Area to meet up with our daughter and her family. Any Rest Area, Truck Stop or WALMART to catch a few winks in HWY 80 E after Reno, NV? Leaving after work Friday so we are probably in Reno area at Zero Dark Thirty.

Thanks,
-Virgil
2006 Chevy Silverado HD2500/DA/CC/SB/Pullrite Superglide 16k
2009 Jayco Superlite 31.5FBHS
2006 Lance Lite 845
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Rubicon 0337/1000
2013 18' Carson Flat bed 10k gvw trailer 16" 8 lug wheels
5 REPLIES 5

Virgil_Diesel
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Nevadanick. I called Cabelas and they allow one night overnight parking. I saw the satellite image and they have a longer parking spot for semis and RV's
2006 Chevy Silverado HD2500/DA/CC/SB/Pullrite Superglide 16k
2009 Jayco Superlite 31.5FBHS
2006 Lance Lite 845
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Rubicon 0337/1000
2013 18' Carson Flat bed 10k gvw trailer 16" 8 lug wheels

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Now that i think about it, if it was me i would stay at Cabelas near Boomtown.

janechucknicode
Explorer
Explorer
Virgil_Diesel wrote:
This Labor Day weekend, DW and I are leaving for Ely, NV from the Bay Area to meet up with our daughter and her family. Any Rest Area, Truck Stop or WALMART to catch a few winks in HWY 80 E after Reno, NV? Leaving after work Friday so we are probably in Reno area at Zero Dark Thirty.

Thanks,
-Virgil

Stay at a truck stop, park between two refrs that'll do ya. We did at 1:30 am, drove way too long but slept like a baby with all that humming going on.:B

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
This website (app is available) RvParky.com is one I utilize often and has accurate up to date info. Their info does show rest stops on I-80 and indicates that many area Walmarts prohibit overnighting on their premises.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
There is a WalMart in Fernley where you pick up 50 to Ely, there is also one in Fallon.