Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Looking for a good "dark sky" ranger lead education program.

This Spring/summer I will be traveling from TN to WA. I MUST be back in TN for the total solar eclipse on August 21 2017. I am very flexible with my plans. I am looking for a good "dark sky" education program. I have seen University of Texas McD...

TenOC by Nomad
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Long Key SP, Florida

We were there yesterday. For you folks that love Long Key SP; they are closing it in October of next year for one year. They are going to build a shore line retaining wall to stop the erosionjack L

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Pennsylvania RV campgrounds

My wife and I are looking for places near The Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania and Flight 93 memorialWe need a site for a 42 ft 5th wheel Looking for a nice place for a week.ThanksBobOhio

Luna18 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Overnight in Fort Myers Beach, FL: mid-April 2016

We will be traveling to Key West the third week of April and are looking for a good place to stay for one night in the Ft Myers Beach area. I've read about the Gulf Waters RV Resort, but am looking for other options. I would appreciate any and all ...

estes park

Has anyone camped at MANOR rv park in Estes Park CO ? How was the park in general?

Maine

am planning a trip up to Maine early 2017 and am not familiar with anything in the area we like to fish, hike and bike. also would like someplace centrally located as my spouse loves lighthouses and wants to see as many as possible any campsite sugge...

tasfixit by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Dispersed camping Valley of the Gods

I understand that you can camp at Valley of the Gods. I have checked out a lot of videos of the area but can't seem to find out if the dispersed camping is along side the road or if there are side roads that you can take away from the main road. Than...

Looking for overnight stop near Orange Texas

In a few weeks we will be traveling west on I-10 into Texas. Looking for a place to stop overnight near Orange Texas that is not to far off of I-10. Found 2 listed on rvparkreviews but reviews are dated. Thanks.

bowl2764 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New York to Fort Wilderness in Disney

Hi. We will be planning a trip for spring from NYC to Disney with our new Fifth Wheel camper. Two adults; one dog and no kids. I am the only driver, so I will make two stops on the way down. I hope to keep my driving time between 6-8 hours per day....

Skywalk

Has anyone visited the Skywalk at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon? If so where did you stay and how far did you have to drive for the RV park? We plan on making this trip this Spring.

Wheels down in San Antonio, to?

We're going somewhere for 9 days over the holidays. Just not sure where. If you've had a good experience east or west of SA, we'd appreciate hearing about it. North is just too cold for Texans this time of year. So, you like the idea of SA towards Fl...