cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rock Crusher Park

Kate_and_Ed
Explorer
Explorer
Rock Crusher Park inCrystal River allows you to store your RV on site so if you come and use it anytime off season you just pay the nightly rate. At least that my Understanding. Would like to do that over on east coast but haven't found park willing. Anyone heard of this?obviously they make more money if they can wrap you in full year contract.

Kate
Kathy and Ed
3 REPLIES 3

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
A number of Florida RV parks run what they call their 7 and 5 plan. You pay up front for 7 months and you can then leave your RV on your site, unoccupied for the 5 month off season. If you use it during the 5 month period, the you pay the regular daily/weekly/monthly rate.

Last fall, I believe it was, I got an advertisement/invitation from Fiesta Key RV Resort with such an offer. For a waterfront back in 50 amp site, the seven month charge was $15,700 plus change, paid in advance the 7 months had to be consecutive, stated on the contract in advance. Any stays during the 5 month period were extra, charged at the then current rate.

Like the old saying goes, whether you rent or buy, you pay for the space you occupie. I suspect many seasonal resort areas run similar programs as probably half their sites are going to be empty during the off season anyway. So it doesn't cost the campground anything to have your rig on a site during the off season.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

PegLW
Explorer
Explorer
We just spent our fourth winter at Rock Crusher and yes, many people leave their RVs there year round in a site. It's not cheap though! You end up paying about $5800. per year in addition to other monthly fees when you're on site. If you want to leave the electric hooked up when you're not on site, so you can keep the a/c working (needed to prevent mold and mildew!), then there's an additional charge.

Rock Crusher was sold to Sun RV Resorts in the summer of 2015 and they are making some changes, including moving in a few park models thus cutting down the number of RV sites which will be available out of the 398 sites in the park.

Sun RV Resorts own parks all over the country, so you might find one in the area in which you are interested.
Dave and Peggy
2012 Open Range 345RLS
2015 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L turbo

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Many Michigan State Parks allow this. You don't get to hog a site all season for free but they offer a parking area to leave the rig in. When you want to camp, make a reservation and show up move the rig and enjoy.

I'm guessing the East coast parks don't offer this service due to more limited space, or excessive demand.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed