cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RT95 Corridor Area Attractions

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
I will be traveling down to Myrtle Beach from Massachusetts and was looking for area attractions for a short stop or overnight stay. I would be looking for items south of DC and not to far off of RT95. I looked into the Wilmington Area that then would allow me a direct road south to Myrtle Beach. Just something to break up the ride.
Thanks
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34b
3 REPLIES 3

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
At Richmond Va, take I-64 east about 40 miles to Williamsburg Va, visits to the restored colonial areas as well as the theme parks Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.
After that you can either go back to 95 or go east through Hampton Roads/Norfolk area to 168 south the the NC Outer banks for the Wright Brothers Memorial, Cape Hatteras. You could even take the ferries through Ocracoke and down to Morehead City NC and go to Myrtle Beach from there.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
National Museum of the Marine Corps
They have plenty of room for RV parking and free admission. You can easily spend a full day if you like history.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
PCronin68 wrote:
I will be traveling down to Myrtle Beach from Massachusetts and was looking for area attractions for a short stop or overnight stay. I would be looking for items south of DC and not to far off of RT95. I looked into the Wilmington Area that then would allow me a direct road south to Myrtle Beach. Just something to break up the ride.
Thanks

https://longwoodgardens.org/

Hard to beat!

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach