cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Parks in the west where you have space around you ?

AlwaysTravelin
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to know ... from all of you that have done alot of traveling.... tell me where i can find RV parks that have good space between you and your neighbors.

i am thinking seriously about a small travel trailer to live in for the winter and i would be looking at a monthly space.

any suggestions for Arizona, New Mexico and Texas ?

thanks very much.
4 REPLIES 4

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
RV parks typically don't have a lot of space around you. That's why we prefer public parks and in Arizona you have some very nice choices.

Tucson - Gilbert Ray campground in Tucson Mountain Park
Catalina State Park

Greater Phoenix Area - Maricopa County Parks - Cave Creek, Usery, McDowell Mountain, White Tank, Lake Pleasant. Also Lost Dutchman State park east of Phoenix in Apache Jct. is a real winner.

All the state parks in Arizona are great.

All of the above have huge sites. Many have electric and some even have full hookup sites.

The only downside is that public parks typically have a 14-day limit. However, it's a good chance to test out different areas.

The above would be my answer too. HUGE sites in many cases. The Maricopa County parks are quite deluxe as far as landscaping and site conditions. White Tank is a little less so, but still nice. If you want to be close to good shopping, Cave Creek, Usery, and White Tank are pretty good. You're basically at the edge of the suburbs, but it won't feel like it. McDowell Mtn is a bit more remote and the nearby town is a small very upscale bedroom community. We have not been to Lake Pleasant.

If you can go without hookups and towns, there is a lot of room in the CGs at Roosevelt Lake, east of Phoenix. Pretty cheap too.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

AlwaysTravelin
Explorer
Explorer
I am aware that the RV parks dont generally have alot of space between neighbors but.... thats why i thought i would ask here to see if anyone had any
to tell about.

the casa grande park looks good too.

i will check into those parks ... i dont mind changing locations every few weeks for state parks ...if i am just going down the road to try out another.

thanks

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
RV parks typically don't have a lot of space around you. That's why we prefer public parks and in Arizona you have some very nice choices.

Tucson - Gilbert Ray campground in Tucson Mountain Park
Catalina State Park

Greater Phoenix Area - Maricopa County Parks - Cave Creek, Usery, McDowell Mountain, White Tank, Lake Pleasant. Also Lost Dutchman State park east of Phoenix in Apache Jct. is a real winner.

All the state parks in Arizona are great.

All of the above have huge sites. Many have electric and some even have full hookup sites.

The only downside is that public parks typically have a 14-day limit. However, it's a good chance to test out different areas.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fiesta Grande in Casa Grande Arizona if you are over 55.
Extensive activities, walking distance (less than 1/2 mile) to Walmart, Supermarket and many other things.

Nice people friendly staff.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!