cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rv parks in Yuma while having dental work in MX.

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
So getting ready to go see the Rubio dental group in ALGODONES. I have researched a few RV parks and there is a big difference in rates for those that include or meter electricity. My camping is almost always Boondocking so I have no idea how much electricity my AC will consume. Any thoughts from those that have stayed in Yuma during the summer?

I'm in a 11 ft TC. I could boondock but than will be using lots of propane to power Gen Set.
Thanks in advance for your input.
24 REPLIES 24

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
mike mck wrote:
Now just need to find a park close to the border.
Sleepy Hollow RV Park , 369 Andrade Rd Winterhaven, CA. Phone: 760-572-5101.
Mark.

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
jolooote wrote:
Begs the question ...WHY don't they have insurance and who pays IF they mess up ???

Well I guess they don't have it because the Govt does not require it.
Who Pays? Reasonable question. Most offer a 2 year guarantee. If something more serious I can't answer. One has to weigh the risks if having something more serious done.

I've had dental work done in the US with dental insurance all my life. Have it now. Even though I have been paying the higher prices caused in large part by malpractice insurance I have never had to sue a dentist that "messed up".

Work I need is pretty routine. If it involved surgery I may stay in the states.

Check it out

http://dentistsofalgodones.com/

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
mike mck wrote:

2oldman
Sure appears to be what I'm looking for. Right next to the parking lot for crossing the boarder. Reasonable price. Not a resort a good thing as hate paying for things I won't use.
Is it possible to look forward to dental work?
thanks all for the input.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
jolooote wrote:
Begs the question ...WHY don't they have insurance and who pays IF they mess up ???
We never hear about that on here. I'm just darn glad *I* don't need dental work I can't afford in the US.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
mike mck wrote:

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
RCman
Thanks for the input. It gives me the numbers to determine either type of park will work out. If weekly usage is around 65KWH per week.
Now just need to find a park close to the border. Dentist has drivers but assume they pick up at the boarder.
thanks again
We got a little off track but a good discussion

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
jolooote wrote:
Mexican dental work? Wow, you are REALLY brave or .....
Apparently, dental work is about the only thing Mexico does pretty well.

In Algodones, MX, they do really good dental work. I have had dental work done there for several years with the same dentist. She does a great job.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
jolooote wrote:
Apparently, dental work is about the only thing Mexico does pretty well.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
jolooote wrote:

Huh???
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
jolooote wrote:

Do a web search or a Woodall's search on ALGODONES. Just over the border from Yuma. Entire town of Dentists. Living in AZ I thought I had found a secret way to save money only to find out many of neighbors have been going there for generations.
Costs are less than I would pay in the US and I have dental insurance.

If it was just a couple fillings I would be headed to my local dentist but in need of a couple 3 place crowns as well as a 4 quad deep cleaning.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
jolooote wrote:

Nope, neither. American trained dentist, with the latest equipment and cleanliness practices, at about 1/3 the cost. Why pay for all the American malpractice insurance when you can get the same or IMO even better work and service for the actual value? In fact, many of the "Mexican" dentist are American citizens with their practice in Mexico.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
Our elec cost in the Yuma area is 15ยข per KWH.

If you are quoting the winter rate you will find it is higher in the summer when power usage is considerably higher.

My last month bill was 16.997 cents per kwh.

Last winter my cost was 14.72 cents per kwh. But that was a bill with about 1/6 as many kwh as the bill last month.

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"