cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Parks Near Mayo Hospital & Clinic Phoenix & Scottsdale

travelcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have recommendations for RV parks within a 30-40 minute drive to Mayo Hospital in Phoenix? We have a 40 ft fifth wheel and will arrive Dec 1 for about 3 months. We need a pet friendly park and some planned community activities would be great. Thank you
16 REPLIES 16

travelcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you to one and all for the very helpful information. We so appreciate it. After much deliberation, we have reserved a site at Desert Shadows for Dec 1.

ronfisherman
While shuttle is nice. It always seems that we get at waiting area minutes after shuttle bus has left.
Shuttle will also works other direction from hospital to clinic and back.
When we drove to hospital. Found that if you have a Handicap Permit valet parking is free.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I recommended and still like Eagle View rv park if you can get in. It is a very short drive to the clinic in Scottsdale and there is a courtesy shuttle between there and the hospital each way every 30 minutes all day. We found it easy and convienent to park at the clinic and take the shuttle and leave the driving to Mayo.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate post
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we have our beloved Sadie who is part of our signature on here. We walk her all over and, of course, pick up after her.

But I asked our Chief Dog Walker (my wife) and she said she walks Sadie all over. And they have a dog park. She could not remember an area restricted with no dogs allowed.

And, as 2 gypsies points out, always those who complain about most anything. We all know that. Some people could be given a million dollars and complain it was not in tens and twenties.

It is not just the distance factor to the Hospital from either of those parks, it is the route. You have to get on the unGodly Phoenix freeways coming from Eagle View for a good portion.......they can be gridlock many lanes wide in the middle of the day. Had to deal with that this summer visiting my brother.

If you want more info feel free to PM or email me.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully Lauren who gave a post above will return and give you his answer. He has a dog.

You should probably call the park and ask about their rules for dogs. If there's no rule about walking your dog that you don't have to worry about it. I did notice on their map a place marked at the edge of the park as a 'dog area'. This park has a lot of permanent Park Models in it and sometimes folks aren't as 'relaxed' about things as in other campgrounds. There are always residents who complain. Hope it works for you.

http://www.phoenixrvresorts.com/assets/images/parkmap.pdf
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

travelcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Do Desert Shadows residents accept dog walking in their areas of the park? I have read a couple of negative reviews. We always clean up any deposits he drops. He is a senior, too, and truly is well behaved.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
For the hospital, Desert Shadows is the best.

Best of luck with the medical issues. It's an excellent place!!!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again

travelcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for the information. We'll be going to Mayo Hospital in north Phoenix and have decided on Desert Shadows because of location. I hope they still have sites available! If that doesn't work out we will try Eagle View.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Eagle View is 8 miles to Mayo Clinic and 22 miles to Mayo Hospital

Desert Shadows is 25 miles to Mayo Clinic and 11 miles to Mayo Hospital
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Eagle View for Mayo out of Shea Blvd and then once for the hospital. With all our needs then shifting to the hospital / clinic we tried Desert Shadows west of the complex. And have stayed there ever since.

It is an easy half hour to Mayo depending on traffic (I can give you the best route if you decide on it).

It is laid back and has about the best (indoor) pool and hot tub we have seen in all the 181 places we have stayed. The laundry room is huge and very good. It has lots of permanent / seasonal people in single wides and all so has activities as well.

And it pet friendly as well.

Website is http://www.phoenixrvresorts.com/

I would contact them asap if you decide to go there.

Oh, do not confuse it with Desert Sands.

If you want more info you can PM or email me.

And no, I am not compensated for any recommendations! ๐Ÿ™‚
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
McDowell Mtn. Regional Park was where we stayed when using the Clinic in Scottsdale. But they don't have full hook ups. Water and power only. Nice shower houses and sites are spread out. North of Fountain City. Drive didn't seem that bad

ronfisherman
2gypsies wrote:
This is the very best and fastest place to stay for Mayo:
http://www.eagleviewrvresort.com/

This would be my first selection for Mayo.

We stay in Mesa at Sun Life. Trip to Hospital is 40 minutes. Trip to Clinic is less than 25 minutes. Other parks in the Mesa area are, Val Vista, Mesa Regal, Tower Point and Mesa Spirit. All have pet area's. There are many more parks in Mesa. But these are within the driving time you want.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
This is the very best and fastest place to stay for Mayo:

http://www.eagleviewrvresort.com/

Don't even think about staying in Casa Grande for doctoring at Mayo! :E Much too far!!!!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again