cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rv parks with hors rides?

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
I am located in southern Indiana, are there any campgrounds in Indiana, ky, or Illinois area I can ride a horse?
11 REPLIES 11

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
Several SPs offer trail rides: 2 good possibilities: Turkey Run (IN), and Chain o' Lakes (IL). I believe Brown County (IN) does too. They will be busy over the 4th - but then, anyplace will be. Reservations at any of them will be essential.

Brown County does and you can add Whitewater to that list.

trsky
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Carter Caves state park in KY. They have what you are looking for and the campground is not bad either. Lots to do there
KZ Spree 265KS
2007 Suburban 1500 4x4

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
I do not have a horse ,no

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Dale Hollow resort in southern Kentucky near Burkesville. Great place and they have a specific area reserved for horse owner exclusively. We go down a few times a year and there are always folks with their horse trailers in this area.

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Several SPs offer trail rides: 2 good possibilities: Turkey Run (IN), and Chain o' Lakes (IL). I believe Brown County (IN) does too. They will be busy over the 4th - but then, anyplace will be. Reservations at any of them will be essential.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
was going to go to pigeon forge over the 4th of july but from what I have read its super crowded

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
Are you looking to bring your horse or ride out of a stable that is provided? There are several Indiana state campgrounds that offer both. Here is a list of horsemen campgrounds run by the DNR

I know that Pokagon has a stable that you can ride out of. There are many others as well.
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington is all things horse...www.kyhorsepark.com
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I know Michigan wasn't on your list, but if you feel like a visit to the Great Lake State, the feds have a pretty nice CG in the National Forest setup for horses (and their riders). You'll have to wait for about 3 feet of snow-pack to melt before you can get in there ๐Ÿ˜ž

Marzinski Horse Trail Campground
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Marquette SP (Grafton, IL). The riding stable is a few miles from the actual campground.