cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Diego area

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of heading over towards the coast for a few days. Has anyone stayed at the Mission Bay RV Resort or the Paradise by the Sea RV Resort? Both are close to the coastline. Anything good or bad to say on these campgrounds?

Thanks
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000
6 REPLIES 6

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
OK. No mission bay. The KOA looks pretty decent and is cheaper than the others as well (already a member). We will probably do the KOA and Paradise.

Thanks to all.
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

keepingthelight
Explorer
Explorer
Chula Vista RV or San Diego KOA would be my only choices. Both are clean and nice. Mission Bay is a mess and tight.

Good luck ๐Ÿ˜‰
05 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QDH w/4 slides
CAT C7 350+ HP MP-8, Aero Muffler, AFE Filter
06 HHR LT Toad
Ready Brute Elite

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
Chula Vista is about a mile from the light rail system, which is a plus.

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. Staying at both is a good idea and may be an option.
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

aerbus32
Explorer II
Explorer II
Paradise by the Sea is in Oceanside. If you are looking for a base from which to see SD, it's too far. Mission Bay RV, with summer past, is good. It gives you proximity to much of what people come to SD to see. Further south is Chula Vista RV. Much nicer, but commuter traffic becomes a factor. Silver Strand, think it's a state facility, is a big parking lot with hook-ups (but only a dump station) that puts you as close to the beach as you can get. Just south of Coronado. If you have the time, I'd suggest a few days in Oceanside then to Mission Bay then to Silver Strand. This would allow short drives to see all available in these areas. Also want to check the various RV park review sites so that you can zero on on exactly what you want.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Paradise by the Sea is a very nice spot. Walking distance to the great beach. My sister loves the KOA at Chula Vista but we have not stayed there yet.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.