Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Diego Camping.....

Jandy2015
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,

We will be spending two nights in San Diego to enjoy the area. Pop Up camper. Trying to find a camping site under $60. Seen some campsites on the outskirts but such mixes reviews. Guys on here seem to have a good gage.

Any suggestions greatfully appreciated.
24 REPLIES 24

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I think you'd like Santee Lakes.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
jdealcpa wrote:
We stay at Santee lake rec preserve. I think itโ€™s about $35. North of the City. Nice easy check in. Look on RVPARKREVIEWS for details.

Been there a number of times. Very nice park

Jandy2015
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah we have been trying to stay away from KOA. Ive checked out some of the lake suggestions and they look great. Were trying to find a good location, but happy for it to be basic, just not a walmart.

I think this is one place we might have to bite the $40-60 bullet.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
KOA is nice, south of town. Don't know the pricing and have only driven through there to see it. We always stay at a park that is out of your price range but worth every penny.

In general KOA campgrounds are some the highest prices in Calif.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Jandy2015 wrote:
Hey all,

We will be spending two nights in San Diego to enjoy the area. Pop Up camper. Trying to find a camping site under $60. Seen some campsites on the outskirts but such mixes reviews. Guys on here seem to have a good gage.

Any suggestions greatfully appreciated.

๐Ÿ™‚ Depends how important location is to you. San Diego or any beach areas is not a cheap! Pick a RV Park and area you really like and just put it on your credit card. Life is not a dress rehearsal, you only get to go through once!!!!:):) RV parks under $60 any where in Calif. is pretty limited.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I spent the weekend with some people from San Diego. They were finishing a 3 month trip in their TT. They were ready to move because all of the places they like to camp are 8 hours from SD.

jdealcpa
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Santee lake rec preserve. I think itโ€™s about $35. North of the City. Nice easy check in. Look on RVPARKREVIEWS for details.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you looked further out from the beach like Lake Jennings CP? About 25 miles out.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
San Diego isnโ€™t inexpensive
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
KOA is nice, south of town. Don't know the pricing and have only driven through there to see it. We always stay at a park that is out of your price range but worth every penny.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE