cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Rafael Swell, Utah

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Will be boondocking for a week in the Swell. Will be a first time, anyone else ever boondocked there? Will be riding the 5MOH trail on single track and then Jeeping to other locations. This is a bucket list trip!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA
7 REPLIES 7

zman-az
Explorer
Explorer
rocmoc wrote:
Utah is one of the best States for off-roading & boondocking! No more National Parks, they close too much off!

Agree, now read this.

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
reasley wrote:
That's a DIY project. We use it to get into places the fifth wheel just can't go. It's fully equipped (for our needs).

If you did that, it is a very good looking trailer. I built one similar, but smaller for my SxS. It has camped all over Utah, and Idaho. Fixing to do an upgrade soon. Always looking at ideas others have used. Sorry for the highjack, back to your regularly scheduled program........

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
This will be our first time in the Swell. Have done Moab a couple of times but the best was a boondock trip South of Hanksville. Hanksville is just South of the Swell. On a Hanksville daytrip with the off-road toys we went thu 4 micro-climates. From dry desert in the Canyons to treeline snow. One of the best trips ever. Think this one is going to rank up there. Utah is one of the best States for off-roading & boondocking! No more National Parks, they close too much off!

reasley, NICE rig!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

Eurocamper
Explorer
Explorer
I've boondocked north of I70 near the Wedge and south of I70 near Little Wild Horse canyon.

The Swell is a fantastic area that would probably merit National Park status if it were in another state that didn't already have so many National Parks.
2008 Fleetwood Evolution E1
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2007 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Ex 1997 Volkswagen Eurovan Camper

reasley
Explorer
Explorer
That's a DIY project. We use it to get into places the fifth wheel just can't go. It's fully equipped (for our needs).

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
Nice trailer. Who is the manufacturer?

reasley
Explorer
Explorer
We boondocked in the Swell a few years ago. Beautiful area. We saw no other people, but lots of wild horses.

This is coming out of the Copper Globe Mine.