cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Son's knee injury-update

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
A while back I posted asking what those with limited mobility handle the issue as my son had dislocated his kneecap. I'm happy to report those who said I was most likely overreacting were absolutely correct. He's rapidly getting back to normal activity, including fencing. He still wears the brace and still has a ways to go until he gets complete confidence in his knee but his recovery has been excellent. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and advice.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
9 REPLIES 9

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
What do ya figure he'd charge me fur 500 feet of that there barbwire with one gate?

Depends on what kind of equipment he needs-dagger, broadsword, rapier, dussack-take your pick! :B

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
What do ya figure he'd charge me fur 500 feet of that there barbwire with one gate? He will have to sign a release so he can't say he messed his knee up doing my job.
Dennis Hoppert

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Fencing as in posts, animals, land etc. or as in swords?

Swords-sport fenced in college, HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) since. Love it.

Guess as fathers we gotta toughen up abit.

Why?

She's a Mom not a Dad

Yes, indeedy! :B

Douglas Adams

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
She's a Mom not a Dad:).
Puma 30RKSS

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
Crowe wrote:
A while back I posted asking what those with limited mobility handle the issue as my son had dislocated his kneecap. I'm happy to report those who said I was most likely overreacting were absolutely correct. He's rapidly getting back to normal activity, including fencing. He still wears the brace and still has a ways to go until he gets complete confidence in his knee but his recovery has been excellent. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and advice.

That's your boy, overreacting is what I do as well apparently.
Guess as fathers we gotta toughen up abit.
Glad he's ok!

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad he is doing better. I did that about 12 years ago, and it is extremely painful. Took 3 months of PT to get it working exactly right again. Be sure he does have a good physical therapist and does exactly what he is told. It's critical that all the muscles and tendons that stabilize the knee get tightened up, or it will happen again.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fencing as in posts, animals, land etc. or as in swords?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome to hear, took me almost a year to fully recover from last knee surgery, of course I was 40 at the time. Just got home from my ortho with a new foot boot after blowing out my ankle stepping off my dually. It will be a long summer.

He's only 25 which is a definite advantage. So sorry about your foot. When we were in Denmark 4 years ago I tripped in the hotel hallway and broke my arm-on the FIRST day! There it wasn't so bad because we were doing all "touring". Stunk in Iceland when I couldn't go horseback riding. I did it in May, so I fully understand your "long summer". At least you don't have to keep your balance on ice and snow! ๐Ÿ™‚

Douglas Adams

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome to hear, took me almost a year to fully recover from last knee surgery, of course I was 40 at the time. Just got home from my ortho with a new foot boot after blowing out my ankle stepping off my dually. It will be a long summer.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian