cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

stop over North of Birmingham

angler
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at my return trip from Fl. Going to make a stop somewhere north of Birmingham Al and south of the Tennessee border. Looking for campgrounds close to 65. Ive heard good reviews about Texas T, but they are a couple more hours than I would like to drive. I would also consider hotels that took dogs with RV parking pulling a car. Look on several sites, but was inquiring about places that people stopped at on the forum. Thank you.
2020 Jayco 34RSBS
2002 Tiffin Allego Bay
2010 Keystone Springdale 29bhssr
1998 Jayco Lite 244
7 REPLIES 7

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Cullman campground numerous times...good overnight,nice people running it...C
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
We just left Texas T this morning, very easy in and out. Nice people to deal with. Large sites and fairly quiet..... except for the I-65 noise which with the windows closed is tolerable. Reasonably priced too.

Maybe it's too far north for ya tho, but it is and easy over-nighter. We actually spent 4 nights there, NOT wanting to get back to WI too soon. :B

Dan

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Look at River Country Campground outside of Gadsden, AL. They have some pull-thrus and they are large. We use it for a quick overnight when we are our way to Gulf Shores.

ON EDIT: Forget this - it's on I-59 instead of 65. It is a fabulous campground, though.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

angler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks you. Was looking at both of those.
2020 Jayco 34RSBS
2002 Tiffin Allego Bay
2010 Keystone Springdale 29bhssr
1998 Jayco Lite 244

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Cullman campground in Cullman, AL. It was OK for a one night stopover. The sites were plenty long enough, but narrow.

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just south of Birmingham is Oak Mountain State Park. Campground Reviews give it a fair. Not super far off 65.
Just a thought.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
North Gate RV Park Athens Alabama. Right off 65 and easy off/on. Large sites with no amenities. Gravel lanes easy to navigate. Rural quiet location.