cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Summer Vacation is finally here. Can't wait to get going!

jjjandrbaker
Explorer
Explorer
I am going back to Kerrville Schreiner for a quick warm up trip next week. Then I have a ten night-5 park circle trip planned beginning on the 27th of June. That will entail a 615 mile trip with two nights at each of these parks: South Llano River State Park, Lake Brownwood State Park, Meridian State Park, Mother Neff State Park, and Lockhart State Park. I am excited because I have only been to Lockhart State Park. The others are gonna be new experiences. I ended up at Lockhart so I can celebrate with some great barbecue.

For the rest of the summer, it will just be spur of the moment trips to wherever. I am hoping for a HOT ROASTING summer. It takes the crowds at the parks way down. I love the heat. I love hiking trails in it. It's all about the water man. Carry enough with you, and all is good!
Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos
3 REPLIES 3

smokedummy
Explorer
Explorer
Have a great tour!
We did Ma Neff 3 weeks ago, and Meridian 2 weeks ago!
We were kind of lazy and did not hike the trails much (done them many times). Meridian is fantastic for hiking. Lots of trails, and also a mile-and-a-half loop road which is fabulous for hiking at night by moonlight.
2012 Skyline Mountain View Retro 140, 16'.

hindes
Explorer
Explorer
You go man! I can't wait to read your blog about your trips. I always enjoy reading them. Your blogs help me make decisions on which Texas State Parks to visit in this beautiful state of ours.

Jim

pchartrand
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like your in for a good start, but I'm not sure I like the heat as much as you, guess that's why your in Texas and I'm in Michigan.

Happy Camping
2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Duramax)