Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tampa South RV Resort

bcircus
Explorer
Explorer
Tampa South rv resort...
Has anyone stayed here and have any opinions or experiences. Looking for something in the area either near beach, on river or on lake. Help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tripalot wrote:
We spent a week there last January and enjoyed our stay. The park was clean, the regulars were friendly, pool good. The park was on a river and I thought they had docking facilities. We saw manatees in the river. Several things to do in the area.

If you go, request a site back from the main road. There were hundreds of (noisy) motorcycles all weekend long. I do not know if there was some motorcycle event on or if every weekend is like that but they sure were loud.

This park accepted P.A. for 5 nights and Good Sam for 2 nights so the price was good.

I live close by.....Regarding the comment on the motorcycles, yes, on every Sunday, a lot of bikes head down to Peggy's in Palmetto from Tampa and other points and then back in the afternoon.
The river is a great place for kayaking,canoeing,boating. There is a Wally World a few miles away in Sun City Center if you are so inclined. Little Harbor as a good restaurant on Tampa Bay. Ybor Grill in Ruskin has great Cuban fare.
Regarding the park itself, new owners picked it up about 6-7 yrs ago and have been making improvements. While I have not stayed there due to the close proximity to my home, I have used their dump station . The staff is friendly and the grounds well maintained. Sites are pretty close together, but not really an issue like some places. The park does have a large dock for your use if you have a boat or kayak.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
We spent a week there last January and enjoyed our stay. The park was clean, the regulars were friendly, pool good. The park was on a river and I thought they had docking facilities. We saw manatees in the river. Several things to do in the area.

If you go, request a site back from the main road. There were hundreds of (noisy) motorcycles all weekend long. I do not know if there was some motorcycle event on or if every weekend is like that but they sure were loud.

This park accepted P.A. for 5 nights and Good Sam for 2 nights so the price was good.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Either Myakka River State Park with river and lake, or Oscar Scherer State park river and bay in Sarasota.

Both are are state parks, Myakka has full hook ups, Oscar has water and electric only.

Myakka is our favorite. Lots of other things to do also.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Waco_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed there last year for a few weeks. Nice clean park, friendly staff and friendly renters. Most of the renters I met returned every year....Bruce
  • Bruce & Sandy
  • 07 Scepter 42PDQ SOLD
  • 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 26DS Chevy

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Never stayed there but familiar with area. It's about 20 miles south of Tampa. Read reviews on www.rvparkreviews.com under Florida-Ruskin. You can't kayak from the campground.
Fort Desoto State Park Tierra Verde (no sewer) is near beach.
Rainbow Springs State Park Dunnellon FL full hookups. Canoeing in river. Swimming bit of a drive away in springs. Tubing in season.
Little Manatee River State Park Wimauma FL
Anastasia State Park St Augustine FL is nice (no sewer)
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi