cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Taquamenon State Park

out_for_a_rip
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to head to Taquamenon State Park in July, can anyone recommend which part of the park to stay in or any suggestions for things to do? We've done and will repeat Oswald's and Whitefish Point, and are considering the Toonerville Trolley, has anyone ever been?

Thank you in advance!
6 REPLIES 6

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
Did the trolley years ago. It was ok.

out_for_a_rip
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks evryone for the suggestions, we have decided to stay at the lower falls campground, but this trip is moving to august/september. We are putting together in its place a trip to Mclain SP and Indian Lake if anyone has any feedback for these that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks again

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's about an hour from Tahquamenon SP to Sault Ste Marie also. The Soo Locks are worth the trip.

I-Can-Am-Can-Yo
Explorer
Explorer
I second the suggestion of the pictured rocks boat tour out of Munising.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
x2 for the lower falls CG - I mean, the main attraction is right there, the beautiful falls.

I think rivermouth modern might be newest? Haven't stayed there yet.

If you have time and the roads are right, drive up to Deer Park and say hi to Muskallonge State Park. Then drive the Grand Marais Truck Trail to Munising, it goes above the pictured rocks shoreline (can't really see them from the road need a boat), still a very nice forest drive. The road leaving Deer Park is a bit soupy, definitely a trail not a road, 4WD not a bad idea.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice park, on of our favorites just wish it were closer to home. We always stayed at the lower falls campground nearest to the river. Some have very nice river front sites and is walking distance to the lower falls and rapids. There is a lot to do in the park itself if you like to hike trails and depending on water levels of the river you can play in the rapids, check out the upper falls, etc.

Munising is maybe a hour and a half away where there are lots of water falls to search out and the Pictured Rock National Lake shore is there too. Boat tour of Pictured Rocks is a must if you go to Munising. Lots of natural beauty in the U.P.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel