cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tennessee State Parks

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We r looking for nice State Park within an hour or hour and half from Nashville, Tn. Our son and family want to meet us on some weekends spring summer and fall to camp and usually we camp at Seven points, but not enough to do if you don't have a boat or fish. We like riding our bikes and hiking and swimming. Even parks in Southern central part of Kentucky would be ok. Any suggestions are very appreciated. Thanks Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
23 REPLIES 23

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
I'll second Montgomery Bell on the west side of Nashville if you like to hike. Some nice trails. Plus they have some full hookup sites if a sewer connection would be helpful.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Right! One time in or out and you learn about the other way! Might be a bit further, but worth it. Just to keep in good with the state folks, the north route is very possible, just carefully with good brakes.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! We have been to Falls Creek Falls and yes beautiful and yes we went in the steep route!!! Omg we didn't have that steep of grade out in Colorado!!! Didn't realize there was another nice way into park. We just chalked it up to an learning experience. LOL
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
We love Cumberland Mountain State Park. This may be too far east for you though. If you do get to go be sure to visit the restaurant on Friday or Saturday. Great all you can eat buffet. We will drive there sometimes just to eat.
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
Fall Creek Falls is nice, there is also Cumberland Mountain State Park around the same area. A little closer towards Nashville is Defeated Creeak, it is right on the lake but there is hiking and biking to be had there as well.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Montgomery Bell, Natchez Trace on the west side. Cedars of Lebanon has a nice canpground that can handle bigger rigs, Edgar Evans is not good due to built-up sites, Absolutely NO to Henry Horton, We liked Rock Island. Fall Creek Falls is nice, but get directions on how to get in from the south side.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
B's Bunch wrote:
Fall creek falls would be my first suggestion. Larry

x2 that is a beautiful park- lots of things to do.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we are on the road we like to use the good ole GOOGLE MAP to find places we might be looking for. Open up a map for the NASHVILLE area and when it loads up type in RV PARKS AND CAMPING in the search line and it will display many RV PARKS on the map. Then you can click on the particular RV PARK to get more info...

Really helps us when we are in new areas looking for a camp ground.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Fall creek falls would be my first suggestion. Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide