cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washington mid October

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
We're having to change our Arizona October vacation to Washington state. Very open to suggestions as to where to go, with an itinerary driven by the following constraints:

Week 1, depart the Salt Lake City area Saturday morning, destination???? Open to suggestions for a week and a half. The Wed of the second week we need to be close enough to Seattle that I can drop the wife off mid day for a conference downtown, and I'll pick her up mid day Friday. The dogs and I will be camping solo for those two nights, preferably camped maybe an hour or two away to the southwest being as how we'll have leave Saturday morning to be back in Utah by Sunday evening so we can return to work Monday morning. I'd like to try and keep that part of the trips driving distances as reasonable as practical hence being southwest of Seattle at that time.

I'm very open to suggestions, especially regarding what to see and where to go given the time of year.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.
19 REPLIES 19

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
Olympic side. Skip all that I-5 corridor traffic. Enough said. SKP park in Chimacum is a great place to start.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Milner Historic Recreation area near Burley ID is nice. Glenn's Ferry, 3 island CG. Farewell Bend St Rec area in OR.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps it's a bit farther from Seattle than you were thinking, but camping in or near Olympic NP might be something to consider for your solo time. Several possibilities: the NP CG in the Hoh rainforest (no hookups), Kalaloch CG along the coast (on a bluff above the ocean), or farther south on the coast, we stayed at a nice little KOA in Bay Center. A short trail takes you to a little ocean cove.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
What ever you do give yourself at least two to four hours of sitting in traffic while your in Seattle I am up there at least three times a year and I have yet to go and enjoy the highways. The 405 is outrageous highway 5 is horrendous. It is nothing to travel 20 miles in an hour. Wish I was kidding but I am not. Once your in the city it's marvelous. Pikes market always puts a smile on my face. The Sound is beautiful just a magical place... But when you see the sign 405 be fearful my friend be fearful.. Day Night weekend middle of the day middle of the night Packed always. It once took me 4 hours to travel from Seattle to Bellevue (10 miles of nothing but freeway) oh there I go bragging again.. Yes 4 hours is a pretty darn fast pace for that place.. Oh yeah and 90 should also be avoided.. ๐Ÿ™‚

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Surprisingly there aren't a ton of options in our area.
I suggest Lake Pleasant RV Park here in Bothell wa. for your visits to Seattle. It's very nice with all kinds stores and restaurants nearby and has easy access to I405.