cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Week in Maine. Where would you go?

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Out west camping trip probably won’t happen so looking at other options. If you had a week to 10 days to spend in Maine, where would you go?
17 REPLIES 17

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rangeley Lakes.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don’t blame you. We had reservations for Tetons/ Yellowstone trip, we canceled them because we didn’t feel it was fair to the residents in the states we had to travel through and if the virus ramped back up, like it’s doing, we didn’t want get caught out that far from home. Next year.:W

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
mkc wrote:
Geo*Boy wrote:
Maine is being very cautious about people being welcome from outside New England, check before you head out to Maine.

This is correct.

Right now, only those from ME, NH, and VT may stay at commercial lodging, including RV parks and campgrounds. You definitely do not want to travel into Maine without confirmed reservations, either, as many parks and campgrounds are not permitting stays shorter than 14 days.

Starting June 26, 2020 folks from other states may visit if they either

1) Self-quarantine for 14 days. No dining out. No take out. No grocery shopping - bring any food you may need. No indoor tourist activities. Contactless delivery, if the lodging permits it, only.

or

2) Certify to a negative Covid-19 test done no more than 72 hours prior to entering Maine OR self-quarantine (as above) and be tested in Maine. You may end self-quarantine once you receive a negative result on the test.

Beginning June 26th, out-of-state visitors may quarantine in commercial lodging establishments for 14 days. During the quarantine, visitors cannot go to places with other people like restaurants, stores, and grocery stores, or pick up take-out. A lodging establishment may arrange for take-out, delivery, or grocery services for the visitors.

Visitors can leave their hotel room or campsite during these 14 days but only for limited outdoor activities such as hiking as long as they are not around other people.

Visitors can come to Maine and quarantine for the length of their stay if it is less than 14 days

For 10 days, you would have to stay in your unit except for things like hiking, bring all your food, and you would not be allowed to shop at all.

Maine Travel Resources - COVID-19

Sigh. Maybe next year we can do Maine.

winniman
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it wasn't for the Corona Virus, I would say New Brunswick. Since I cant say that, I guess Bar Harbour, and Acadia NP would be second.

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
Geo*Boy wrote:
Maine is being very cautious about people being welcome from outside New England, check before you head out to Maine.

This is correct.

Right now, only those from ME, NH, and VT may stay at commercial lodging, including RV parks and campgrounds. You definitely do not want to travel into Maine without confirmed reservations, either, as many parks and campgrounds are not permitting stays shorter than 14 days.

Starting June 26, 2020 folks from other states may visit if they either

1) Self-quarantine for 14 days. No dining out. No take out. No grocery shopping - bring any food you may need. No indoor tourist activities. Contactless delivery, if the lodging permits it, only.

or

2) Certify to a negative Covid-19 test done no more than 72 hours prior to entering Maine OR self-quarantine (as above) and be tested in Maine. You may end self-quarantine once you receive a negative result on the test.

Beginning June 26th, out-of-state visitors may quarantine in commercial lodging establishments for 14 days. During the quarantine, visitors cannot go to places with other people like restaurants, stores, and grocery stores, or pick up take-out. A lodging establishment may arrange for take-out, delivery, or grocery services for the visitors.

Visitors can leave their hotel room or campsite during these 14 days but only for limited outdoor activities such as hiking as long as they are not around other people.

Visitors can come to Maine and quarantine for the length of their stay if it is less than 14 days

For 10 days, you would have to stay in your unit except for things like hiking, bring all your food, and you would not be allowed to shop at all.

Maine Travel Resources - COVID-19
2017 LTV Unity

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Maine Diner in Wells.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I had a suitably small RV, I suspect I'd head somewhere in the North Maine Woods for solitude and natural beauty and dry camping. The maximum length is 28' for a single vehicle (motorhome), and 44' total length for tow vehicles and trailers. (It's a large private road system, maintained and used mostly by the lumber industry, and they set the restrictions and rules for public use of the private lands and roads.)

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Next time we head up towards Acadia we are going to check out the Schoodic Peninsula part of the park Schoodic Peninsula in Acadia.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Acadia.

If I am feeling energetic, Baxter State Park.

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have a trip planned for Maine in September. Right now Maine has very strict policies on folks coming into Maine through July. If the policies hold I have to cancel all sorts of spots.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

WrightOn
Explorer
Explorer
Moosehead Lake is very pretty and has (duh) moose that you can "hunt" both dawn and dusk.
Out numbered 4:1
2011 F350 PSD 6.7L Dually
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Empty Nest'n with our Rott!

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Acadia NP, Baxter SP or Moosehead Lake.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2, Acadia.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad