cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

West Lafayette Indiana RV Parks

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know about any good parks in the area? We will need a place close to Purdue for the summer.

Thanks.
Martin & Cheryl
40 Foot 2009 Damon Tuscany 4076
Cummins 360, Hyundai Santa Fe
Full timing since 2010.
14 REPLIES 14

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
A few years ago we stayed overnight at AOK campground, just south of W. Lafayette. It is nothing special, the kind of facilities we usually expect in an old mostly residential park.

I don't remember it being spectacularly bad. The complaints I'm seeing have to do with it being full of long term residents, rather than a recreation destination. But that's what you want to be, right? A long term resident?

Thanks, I appreciate your input.
Martin & Cheryl
Full timing since 2010.

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
Triker33 wrote:
mmiille wrote:
And I can't tell if it's open yet.

If you would have checked the link I gave.
You would see their web site that says.
Open year round

I did check it and didn't see that it was open so I asked. Clearly not as bright as you.
Martin & Cheryl
Full timing since 2010.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few years ago we stayed overnight at AOK campground, just south of W. Lafayette. It is nothing special, the kind of facilities we usually expect in an old mostly residential park.

I don't remember it being spectacularly bad. The complaints I'm seeing have to do with it being full of long term residents, rather than a recreation destination. But that's what you want to be, right? A long term resident?
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
mmiille wrote:

If you would have checked the link I gave.
You would see their web site that says.
Open year round
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
Martin & Cheryl
Full timing since 2010.

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
texacokat wrote:
We stay at Wolfe's whenever visiting the kids in Indiana. Friendly, inexpensive, everything you need.

Does it have room for a 40' motorhome?
Martin & Cheryl
Full timing since 2010.

texacokat
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Wolfe's whenever visiting the kids in Indiana. Friendly, inexpensive, everything you need.
Kathy & Scott
2018 Ford F-150 XLT
2018 Forest River Wildwood 27rks

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Prophetstown is the nicest by far but is a state park limited to 14 days. Wolfe's we spent a couple nights there and it is OK. That was 4-5 years ago and I don't remember anything remarkably good or bad about it except we were under a walnut tree that stained the awning.

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
mmiille wrote:
Not sure I want to move every 14 days. Hope there is a better option. Are state parks even open this time of year?

State Parks are limited to 14 days also. And not many with FHU.

Wolfe's

Aok Reviews not very good for it.

Big Fish'n Campground

Ross Camp Campground PDF site sizes

Prophetstown State Park
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

allenm
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at Wolf's Leisure Time Park on old route 25 a couple years ago. Other than Prophetstown, it's the closest campground. It was an ok, sort of average campground.

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure I want to move every 14 days. Hope there is a better option. Are state parks even open this time of year?
Martin & Cheryl
Full timing since 2010.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Prophetstown sp will probably be your best bet, about 15 minutes from campus. If you need fhu, make your reservations asap. Yes, you'll have a limit on the days you can stay. There are a couple of private parks in the area, but I don't know anything about them.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Purdue is pretty much surrounded by corn and soybean fields.
I was in Forestry school there, and sometimes they'd have to put us on busses and drive for a while to get us to a wooded area to learn our trees!

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless things have changed in recent years, there's not much there. Prophetstown SP is not far from town and decent, but I'm sure you'd be limited to at most a 14-night stay.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375