Joe Buskirk
2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 3500HD SWD Duramax Diesel
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 360IBL

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
68 REPLIES 68

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to our cabin this weekend. Not camping, but we're surrounded by NF and there are three NFS CG's within a mile of our cabin. So we'll get out and hike the same trails as those in the CG's.

Had shoulder surgery 10 days ago so can't even sleep in a bed yet. Good news is that there's a very comfy recliner with a view of the lake. Oh, the suffering. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

ae5573t
Explorer
Explorer
Heritage Motor Coach Resort and Marina -- Orange Beach, AL
2018 Thor Tuscany 42GX
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited

kellyandpatti
Explorer
Explorer
hillsborough river s p

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
We had reservations at a local popular state campground. We are still a little burnt out from our trip out east, so we opted to take it easy and stay home this weekend, visit with family instead.

I cancelled my site yesterday and it is already filled. It makes me happy to think that someone felt very fortunate to find that last minute cancellation on a very great site. I hope they have a good time.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
majorgator wrote:
Always the same by some when this question gets asked..... The OP asked where everyone was going camping for the holiday weekend not who was staying home.

Nice to see the post police are still alive and active.

Carry on. :R

You tell em, block him. Lmao
Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from MAN CAMP on Tuesday. Me, 3 brothers, Dad (and any nephew---willing) have spent the last eight years camping the weekend before Labor Day, without the women folk. Campground is always empty. :B

Camp driveway this weekend.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
majorgator wrote:
Always the same by some when this question gets asked..... The OP asked where everyone was going camping for the holiday weekend not who was staying home.

Nice to see the post police are still alive and active.

Carry on. :R
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Lowcountrydupre
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading to Gihvan's State Park on the Edisto River.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
GaryWT wrote:
This will be our third holiday this year, all have been great. We will be at Crown Point NH. Mike, enjoy the Cape.

Gary hope you have a great time at crown Point! weather is looking good up here in New England

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

RayUSMC
Explorer
Explorer
Murphsmom wrote:
Right here at home. We try to avoid the major holidays if at all possible. Fortunately, retirement allows us to take the path less traveled...or at least to travel when the path is less crowded.

Same here. Let those still working have a shot at the campsites and we'll go traveling when everyone else is back at work.

I'll be in my back yard grilling a steak and sipping a beer.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is the plan. On Saturday we plan on boating with this in Bermuda

Sunday is going to be an all day flying & airport travel day. Sunday night will be inside the trailer inside the storage shed or at a nearby Walmart.

Monday & Tuesday hopefully will be at Martinak SP, MD after somebody moves out.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
Nothing wrong to respond with "staying at home". If all the folks who stay at home on the holidays were to camp instead, those of you who enjoy holiday camping wouldn't be able get a campsite.

It is the disdain that bleeds through on some of those responses that is out of line. I camp to get out and enjoy all life has to offer regardless of whether it is a holiday or not. Headed to Salt Spgs in the ONF with my precious GK's.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
Patti retired last Friday. We left that night to spend 9 days in Reno/Sparks for a couple of baseball games, Reno Aces, and now the Rib Cook off... Staying at Rivers Edge RV park...
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Labor Day we will go camping at a local state park and stay for a week. I wonder what kind of rangers or staff these parks have that are so loud.
Park will be almost empty until the weekend.

drhuggybear
Explorer
Explorer
Stephen F Austin State Park in Sealy, Texas
Jeff, Leslie, Jillian and Layni (Lucy the mutt :))
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L Crewmax
2015 Wildwood 29QBDS