Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to camp north of Seattle

raston
Explorer
Explorer
Hey there,
Want to make reservations and need to hear about nice places to camp north of Seattle. Looking for...
- 1-2 hours north of Seattle
- full service (Sewer-Water-Hydro)
- 'Trees'

Towing a 5th Wheel - 28 ft length.

Like somewhat private site
also, WiFi would be nice nice but not essential.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!!!
20 REPLIES 20

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
n7bsn wrote:
Nice suggestions, but the OP asked for 1 to 2 hours...
..and we don't assume that's leaving Federal Way at 4pm on Friday.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Fishinghat wrote:
Try Deception Pass State Park, or Fort Flagler State Park on Whidbey Island. Port Angeles has a nice park just outside of town on the east side. It's also on the water.

If you're into mountains, try looking east of I-5 on Highway 2 going up to the pass. There are several private campgrounds in that area with many, many trees.

Nice suggestions, but the OP asked for 1 to 2 hours...
Port Angeles is about 2 hours just to get to the ferry to Seattle, plus the ferry ride.

Fort Flagler State Park is NOT on Whidbey, it's on Morrowstone Island, near Port Townsend (thus -closer-) to a Seattle ferry.

Check RV Park Reviews, there are good urban, sub-urban and completely rural choices there.

As for trees.... having them is not generally a problem, there are usually lots. Also it's not always a good thing, the weather can be cool and cloudy at any time. A couple years ago, in early August, we were at a BBQ at someones house. As we were outside visiting, wearing coats, we heard the houses heater come on, it was set to heat the house if it fell below 65. (on the flip side, last Sunday it hit 87 in Seattle)
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try Deception Pass State Park, or Fort Flagler State Park on Whidbey Island. Port Angeles has a nice park just outside of town on the east side. It's also on the water.

If you're into mountains, try looking east of I-5 on Highway 2 going up to the pass. There are several private campgrounds in that area with many, many trees.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
WA city park hands down as pretty as any CG.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

mrhddh
Explorer
Explorer
I'd say that you need to get a map, and then look at RV Park Reviews. That's what I do.
2006 Cougar 290EFS
2006 Dodge CTD 4X2 2500 QuadCab
SWMBO
Pippa & Dirk-the-Dog
I used to be amazed....now I'm just amused.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Burlington/Anacirtes KOA just north of Burlington and just off I-5 It gets busy at times.
It is about my only choice close to I-5.
West almost to Anacortes is Fidalgo Bay RV resort. It is about 10-12 miles west of I-5. It is a much nicer park. 800 727-5478

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker