cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildwood Campground & RV Park, Ft Bragg, CA - Reviews?

EPenney
Explorer
Explorer
I'm wanting to know if anyone has first-hand knowledge of the above subject CG. I Googled the CG, and the reviews were not promising. Most of the reviews are 1-2 years old. One reviewer described the place as being right out of Deliverence. :E

My in-laws made a reservation at Wildwood for 3 nights for the end of July when they go to their Ft Bragg High School 65th reunion, and they want us to camp there with them.

If the CG is as bad as the reviews say it is, there is sufficient time for the in-laws to cancel and perhaps look into getting a motel room in town. Also, MacKerricher SP is booked solid for that time period, so that option is no good.

Thanks.
'07 Chevy 2500HD Silverado "Classic" CC D/A 4x4
'07 Komfort Trailblazer T252FS fifth wheel
Reese Signature 18K Slider and other stuff.....some useful.....some not
9 REPLIES 9

EPenney
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. A decision has been made by my in-laws to look elsewhere for camping reservations. I believe Casper Beach RV Park is at the head of the list.
'07 Chevy 2500HD Silverado "Classic" CC D/A 4x4
'07 Komfort Trailblazer T252FS fifth wheel
Reese Signature 18K Slider and other stuff.....some useful.....some not

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
ratherBcampin wrote:
Pangaea Ron wrote:
We stayed at Caspar Beach RV Park just south of Fort Bragg last week. It was great, right across the road from a nice beach, and the Owners were terrific. I'd stay there again if in the area. The spots are a bit narrow for large rigs with slides, but they do a good job of making it work and alternating large rigs.

Caspar Beach RV Park
I have friends workamping there right now

The help there was magnificent and they all had a great sense of humor. Tell them that we very much enjoyed our stay there. The Owners even came by with home-grown lemons to share with everyone. (I loved it in my dry vodka martini with a twist). One of the residents shared abalone shells with us... but unfortunately not his freshly caught abalone meat from his dive that day.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

MPond
Explorer
Explorer
RognBon wrote:
My preference in Fort Bragg is Pomo RV Park.

We really enjoyed Pomo RV Park as well. But be aware - they don't take credit cards.
2003 Country Coach Intrigue, Cummins ISL 400
Toad: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) toad, with just a few mods...

Other rig: 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually / Next Level 38CK Fifth-wheel Toy Hauler w/ quads, sand rail, etc...

ratherBcampin
Explorer
Explorer
EPenney wrote:
I'm wanting to know if anyone has first-hand knowledge of the above subject CG. I Googled the CG, and the reviews were not promising. Most of the reviews are 1-2 years old. One reviewer described the place as being right out of Deliverence. :E

My in-laws made a reservation at Wildwood for 3 nights for the end of July when they go to their Ft Bragg High School 65th reunion, and they want us to camp there with them.

If the CG is as bad as the reviews say it is, there is sufficient time for the in-laws to cancel and perhaps look into getting a motel room in town. Also, MacKerricher SP is booked solid for that time period, so that option is no good.

Thanks.
CANCEL, CANCEL, CANCEL!!!!!! My mom lives in Ft Bragg and warned me about staying there...I drove through just to check it out for myself and immediately after I entered I told my kids to lock their car doors! There is another park about a mile down the road that we stayed at....MUCH safer and still outside the fog line most of the time....There's also Pomo campground, hidden Pines, Casper Beach and Russian Gulch S.P. in the area.

Oooops, edited to say the other park on highway 20 is called Leisure Time Rv park.....Also, there is a park in Cleone right outside of Mackerricher SP
I don't like to brag, but I can still fit into the same pair of ear rings that I wore in high school!!!!

ratherBcampin
Explorer
Explorer
Pangaea Ron wrote:
We stayed at Caspar Beach RV Park just south of Fort Bragg last week. It was great, right across the road from a nice beach, and the Owners were terrific. I'd stay there again if in the area. The spots are a bit narrow for large rigs with slides, but they do a good job of making it work and alternating large rigs.

Caspar Beach RV Park
I have friends workamping there right now
I don't like to brag, but I can still fit into the same pair of ear rings that I wore in high school!!!!

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
My preference in Fort Bragg is Pomo RV Park.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer

Caspar Beach RV Park
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed there one night. Then Harbor RV Park which is near the water. Didn't feel unsafe in either one. They are not upscale parks. I'd go back but CA says no due to our current length.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

sheltieRV
Explorer
Explorer
Talked to the owner over a year ago when they were selling it. Seemed to be mostly permanents, but the website says they are changing. What was most eye opening was googling the address (i.e. an episode of cops).

Might check it out, but have a backup plan ready.