Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

suggestions in Henderson NV?

Dont need top notch amenities. Will be visiting family. Just need safe, clean, quiet, hassle free RV stay w full hookups and 50A service for our 34' TT. Near Galleria Mall is ideal. Any recent experience w Sams Town/KOA, or Desert Sands? Hoping ...

bc-00044 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Paducah, Kentucky question

Are are planning an extended vacation in September. We plan to stop in Paducah, Kentucky. For those who have been there, how many days should we plan in order to see everything. Thanks

Reader1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Grand Isle SP, LA

Heading to Grand Isle SP and plan to be there 5 or so days around May 1 of this year.What are the bugs like there that time of year. Do I need to pack my full body netting. Are no-see-ums gonna carry me away? Maybe swamp mosquitoes feed then? I have ...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Blue Ridge Parkway info??

Hey, after searching the web (where all the sites want you to sign in or log on), I thought----why not ask fellow RVers?IF a fellow was thinking about the Blue Ridge Parkway--what, where, and how should an RVer plan this? Where to stay? Which end of ...

Myrtle Beach with Large 5th Wheel

Hey all, its been a while since I’ve posted. We got ourselves a new Fifth Wheel last year and really enjoying it.I’m actually curious what campgrounds in Myrtle Beach are best for large rigs, like a 42’ Fiver. We are looking for a campground rig...

CLHEJ by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Rocket launch.

I am looking to go see a rocket launch in October at NASA in south Florida. Has anyone done this and where is a good place to put RV where I can see the launch. I live in northwest florida so leaving early and making the drive in one day is not a pro...

Rgtopda by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip to Texas

We recently came back from a 2 week trip to Texas from Pennsylvania. We went down 81 to 40 to 30 to 35 south to San Antonio. Our first stop was Warriors Path State Park in Tennessee. Not bad for a one night stop and no to far off I-40. Next stop was ...

Mayor30 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Campground recommendations between Daytona and Orlando

We are currently in Florida staying in a timeshare. Next year, we are planning to spend a few weeks in Florida and really like the area between Daytona and Orlando. We would probably be staying 4 - 6 weeks and may decide to stay more than one place.I...

"The Ark" near Williamstown,KY

We will be visiting The Ark later in the year, possibly in September. We will be in oiur motorhome; however, I am looking for a park that also has rental cabins as several family members will be joining us.Any recommendations? KOAs ususally have ca...

Voyageurs National Park

I was thinking of planning a trip via Voyageurs National Park this September. Unfortunately it looks like it would be Labor Day Weekend. I see that all campgrounds within the park are only accessible by water. Does anyone have any information about R...

Cant find a place to stay near Harrisburg, PA, help!

Hello all, I am out of options so I thought of posting this to see if anyone had any ideas. We need a place to camp in the Harrisburg Pa area or within half hour or so. We want to try and find a house to buy, with emphasis on "try". This alone may be...

Leave TT Unhitched?

I've never had the opportunity to camp (boondock) on BLM land. We have an upcoming trip to Utah, and will be interested in doing some BLM camping. My question is for those who RV in travel trailers or 5th wheels. Is it safe to unhitch and leave the r...

Reservation Entry RMNP 2021

Looks like Rocky Mountain National Park is going to re-institute the reservation system for timed entry again in 2021. This time with 2 tiers - One for the entire park and one minus the Bear Lake Road corridor. H E R E Estes Park Local Newspaper i...

Thom02099 by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Indian Bread Rocks BLM

Near Bowie AZGreat site about 15 minutes off I10. There are a lot of YT videos about this site. It's a great desert camp, the 'bread rock' is worth a climb up to it. From the back side it's a walk up. There are metates or as they are now calling them...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes