Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

A useful tip for using the BLM interactive maps

I use the BLM maps when looking for boondocking spots. They are very detailed, but they can be hard to read. Often, the colors are so opaque that I can't read the underlying text.After much trial and error, I think I have a way to fix that (althoug...

Nashville is flooded.

We have had 2 days of severe weather across the state. News is reporting over 13 inches of rain in those 2 days. Anyone with plans on going to Nashville had better call and see if the campgrounds are flooded out.

ken56 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Destin RV Resort

Has anyone stayed in this park? How close is it to the beach? I would appreciate any info on the park. Thanks so much?

What is boondocking and dry camping?

This subject is often brought up so I thought we'd put our collective heads together for the sake of newbies and others who are curious what these terms mean. This will be posted as a permanent thread at the top of this forum. Dry Camping: Means no u...

Finger Lakes NY or surrounding areas

Hi Everyone,Looking for suggestions on some nice campgrounds near the Fingers Lakes or surrounding areas. We would love a campground with a lake access I am open to any suggestions in upstate NY. Thank you!

AJS211 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't figure out how to use Recreation.gov

Trying to reserve in a CoE park...the reservation site is recreation.gov...the first step is 'enter dates'...but when I click on an 'arrival' date, nothing happens except that date turns from light to dark blue....and the 'select checkout date' doesn...

Free overnight camping in small towns

Free overnight camping in small townsI have heard that many small towns offer free overnight camping such as electrical hook up for a small donation. How do I find these small towns?

Mannon89 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Nashville Tn. in late June

On our way west we're thinking about stopping at Nashville TN for a couple of days. I checked out Campgroundreviews.com and there are quite a few very good campgrounds. I'm thinking of staying at the Nashville KOA on Music Valley Dr. mostly because i...

docsouce by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Summer campgrounds in Utah?

Around the first of August we are headed south out of Wyoming through Utah. Don't want to arrive back in Arizona sooner than we have to. Was thinking of jumping off I15 around Provo and heading south along the higher mountains. Anybody got any sugges...

FL questions

Hello All,We are considering booking a last minute trip to FL in December. With 3 kids < 12 most of our trips to FL in the past have been Disney related but this would just be a warm weather get away. That said, it would be nice to be within a few ...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Campground recommendations for OR coast

We're planning a trip from Eugene, OR down 101 in a few months, and was wondering if any of you had recommendations for RV parks along the way down into CA. We have a 40-foot motor home. Any help would be appreciated.

fijidad by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Mather Campground with a 23' trailer

Has anyone been to Mather with a medium size trailer? Site shows trailer sites listed at 30'. Is there room for the TV? Like a Chevy Silverado 4dr short bed? Not mine, my brother's. I'm in a luxury 28' Class C. Been there a few times, but I don...

SFVdave by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes