cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to stay in Yuma next winter for a couple of weeks?

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
As subject says, we want to stay in Yuma for a couple of weeks next winter. Lots to choose from in RVparkreviews.com, but we always like to ask here before making any decisions.

Here is our profile and requirements:

Good fenced dog park for three shelties
Full hook ups
Hot tub and pool if possible, exercise room optional
Large level sites, paved preferred
AT&T service for hotspot
We have our own satellite TV
Should be convenient to grocery etc.
We don't mind large, well run RV resorts with mix of RV and park models, medium to upper price range

Suggestions for what we enjoy doing:
We are hikers, walkers, double track mountain bikers, moderate off road Jeeping
Love good museums and occasional good dining
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
21 REPLIES 21

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
We went into Yuma twice for groceries last winter. Did a little looking around at RV parks, but not a lot. From what we saw, they looked very cramped, they had the RVs stacked in them like cord wood. I'm sure there's some nice ones, but they didn't just jump out at me.

We stayed further east at Date Land where we could run the Jeeps and four wheelers. And a little north of Yuma at the Imperial Dam BLM area.

If I was to stay in Yuma, I would find one of the private lots that hold one or two MHs and come with your own separate washer and dryer.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

More_To_See
Explorer
Explorer
Thunder Mountain wrote:
... Here is our profile and requirements: ...

This post should be required reading for anyone ever wanting to ask a question on the forums. Clear, concise, exactly what is wanted. And nowhere in the post is the word "best" used. I'm impressed.
95 Winnebago Vectra 34 (P30/454)

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
nomad297 wrote:
An old friend of mine is the Communications Director of Yuma County, and he RVs!! I have posed your question to him and he said he will get back to me in a little while. I will post when I hear back from him.

Bruce

Cool. Thanks! Looking forward to your post.
2018 Rubicon
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
An old friend of mine is the Communications Director of Yuma County, and he RVs!! I have posed your question to him and he said he will get back to me in a little while. I will post when I hear back from him.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gemstone wrote:
Sooo many choices....Yuma Palms is probably the newest, perhaps the most well appointed RV parks, and may have short stay spots available...but remember, winter is peak season....call ahead.

Regards
Gemstone

Thanks for your suggestion. Went to their website. Kind of reminds me of the place we stay at in Gold Canyon. They definitely play by the rules. More rules than the HOA where we lived. Might give them a call.

We are veteran snowbirders. So we know about making reservations.
2018 Rubicon
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels

Gemstone
Explorer
Explorer
Sooo many choices....Yuma Palms is probably the newest, perhaps the most well appointed RV parks, and may have short stay spots available...but remember, winter is peak season....call ahead.

Regards
Gemstone
'06 Elite Suites TK3, '95 KW T-600, '08 Softail Classic , '06 Softail Deuce

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Three dogs, three cats? BLM land. Just kidding. Many have a two pet limit. Country Roads and the Palms on the high end. Any park in Yuma is near all the things you mentioned. I live in Yuma but never stayed in a park. Lots to choose from. November is busy, make a reservation.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800