cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wytheville Virginia KOA

jimmyriley
Explorer
Explorer
I made reservations late for Memorial day weekend and now understand why the only KOA, in the entire state Virginia, had open sites. This is my 7th trip in our Trailer am disappointed with this location, as far as site size. Extremely close together. I called to verify they have fire rings on the sites and they do. Issue is, they are portable type and the size of a frying pan. I have seen no level sites on my walk around and in order to unhitch my trailer, I had to buy put 8 inches of wood under both of my front truck tires to get it level enough just to unhitch. Associates are friendly. They have fun activities for the kids. Maybe others have had better luck here.

I will perservere and make this an awesome 4 day trip. After all, Camping is a chance to get away and relax.
Jim
07' Trailblazer SS
12' Ram Laramie 4x2 w/ 5.7
12' Cougar 29RBK
18 REPLIES 18

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
At the next exit (80) is Ft. Chiswell RV Park. Plenty of room between sites, FHU, and since they're just over the hill, there's no noise from I77/I81. Last time I stopped there, I couldn't pick up cable. The owner drove to my site with a TV and checked the coax. The problem was my coax run inside the RV. That's kind of above and beyond the call of duty.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
For more natural ambiance and room between sites, you might in the future, check some of the public campgrounds in the general area;

Claytor Lake State Park - - , Dublin, VA
Gatewood Park - - Pulaski, VA
Gentrys Landing - - Narrows, VA
RVn Full-time

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been there also. Will never be back.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
I learned a long time ago that National, State, and Corp of Engineers parks are much better than any commercial campground.