cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yosemite First Come Campgrounds

AZJIM1
Explorer
Explorer
Toying with the idea of heading back to Yosemite and was wondering how hard it is to get a site in one of the First-Come-First-Served campgrounds in Upper Yosemite? We would be there somtime during either the last week of July or first week of August. The plan would be to get somewhere somewhat close the day before and then go in and grab a couple of sites (BIL&SIL would be going as well). I know it is prime time so not sure how feasible it would be . . .
1999 Coleman Westlake that replaced STOLEN!!! 1987 Coleman Sequoia
2006 Honda Odyssey
Me, Wife, Daughter, Son
A Pack (Two) of Australian Shepherds
MY CAMPSITE, PLACES WE HAVE SEEN, CAMPER & MOD PICS HERE
and
MY CAMPSITES MAP HERE
4 REPLIES 4

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Do they have any sites for big rigs = 40ft
Bob

AZJIM1
Explorer
Explorer
My popup is a 12 foot box that opens to 24feet so I can get into most campgrounds/sites BUT BILs Travel Trailer is a 26 footer that is almost 30 feet tongue to rear bumper so he is somewhat site challenged . . .
1999 Coleman Westlake that replaced STOLEN!!! 1987 Coleman Sequoia
2006 Honda Odyssey
Me, Wife, Daughter, Son
A Pack (Two) of Australian Shepherds
MY CAMPSITE, PLACES WE HAVE SEEN, CAMPER & MOD PICS HERE
and
MY CAMPSITES MAP HERE

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't know how long your camper is but the Toulumne Meadows sites are very small and there are bolders in the CG to maneuver around. We camped there when we had a small popup. I'm not familiar with the other CG not in the valley. We didn't have a problem getting a site at TM, just be there around 10 AM and wait to find someone leaving. Works best Monday thru Thursday tho.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I did that last year at Bridalveil Creek. 3rd week of July, I drove up there about 11:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning and half of the sites were vacant. I think it filled by about mid-afternoon.

Sundays or early in the week, showing up by noon or 1 p.m. should do the trick.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point