Explorer
Explorer
Camp Host, from the other side.
953 REPLIES 953

dotcom
Explorer
Explorer
holly cross trail colorado

The Mortgage Guy www.seangriffith.com 99 Fourwinds 31QSV Class C and a 04 Jeep Unlimited running E85 ethanol fuel

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
ThumperEXC wrote:

Thumper,

Nice photos...lovely site.

BTW...this RV...has two pull out bunk beds, doesn't it? Do you only use one? How does the other one stay closed up if you don't need it. What I mean is...do you have to put the mattress somewhere to store if you do not use both beds?

Thanks! For now it's just me and the wife(and Telly the Welsh Corgi and Sampson the Rottweiler), so we just use the bed over the deck. The bed at the other end has never been used yet, the matress folds in half and stores within the fold down when it's not down, very nice and clean. Baby number 1 is due on the 4th of July, so it looks like we'll finally get some use out of the other bed, or dinette, or couch, it sleeps 8.

Thanks for explaining this. I have seen the hybrid RVs before, but both bed-ends were pulled out. I have always wondered how the mattress was stored and if it would get in the way if you did not pull out one bed.

BTW...congrats on the expected baby!!!!!
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

pkjr
Explorer
Explorer
Bukhrn - You're right about some folks wanting to go, go, go during a camping trip. Not me. I've even taken a few NAPS during the day while I've been away camping! :B

Thumper - Nice pics!

Kenny - Looking forward to pics of your boots kicked up by the fire from this weekend! Have a great trip! :B
John Acton - โ€œPower tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
pkjr wrote:

I would recognize those boots anywhere.:W:B

ThumperEXC
Explorer
Explorer

Thumper,

BTW...this RV...has two pull out bunk beds, doesn't it? Do you only use one? How does the other one stay closed up if you don't need it. What I mean is...do you have to put the mattress somewhere to store if you do not use both beds?

Thanks! For now it's just me and the wife(and Telly the Welsh Corgi and Sampson the Rottweiler), so we just use the bed over the deck. The bed at the other end has never been used yet, the matress folds in half and stores within the fold down when it's not down, very nice and clean. Baby number 1 is due on the 4th of July, so it looks like we'll finally get some use out of the other bed, or dinette, or couch, it sleeps 8.
2007 Travel Star 21SSD
2004 F150
2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2001 KTM 520EXC

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
ThumperEXC wrote:
Awesome thread! Here are a few of my boondocking pics, it's all I ever do, the family is to big (and noisy) to stay in a campground and it's just not as fun.

Thumper,

HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

ThumperEXC
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome thread! Here are a few of my boondocking pics, it's all I ever do, the family is to big (and noisy) to stay in a campground and it's just not as fun.

Memorial Day 2007 near Groundhog, which is near Dolores Colorado.

And a few up Spring Creek, up by Taylor Reservoir in Colorado.

2007 Travel Star 21SSD
2004 F150
2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2001 KTM 520EXC

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
pkjr wrote:
Here's what I like to do while I'm boondocking! :B

Pic taken with my cell phone camera.
You like to Cook your Shoes???????????:B
Actually looks relaxing,I don't know why some think you have to be on the go every minute, or you're not enjoying yourself.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

pkjr
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what I like to do while I'm boondocking! :B

Pic taken with my cell phone camera.

ARIZONA_GUIDE
Explorer
Explorer
The Rim is a great spot. We spend lots of time there. Our favorite spot is just east of forest lakes on the rim.The wind sure can get to blowing right on the rim like that but the veiw is well worth it. The spot you are at in the photos is a great spot to go in september when the Elk are in the rut. You can set up allnight and hear the bugles all over the place below and on top of the rim. It is also a good area to glass for black bear with binos or a spoting scope.
2002 R-vision trail lite. Love it.
1999 dodge 4x4 deisle. Have loved it from the day it rolled off the lot. now at 250k
http://goodmanfamilygivingcenter.blogspot.com/
http://goodmanfamilyoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
Pete, glad you made it over.:B

Everyone posts soem really great pics of some truley great campsites.

Looking forward to more.

:B

pkjr
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
pkjr wrote:
Thanks for the invite, Kenny! :B

I looked through all 24 pages, and Wow!, you folks sure know how to boondock and camp! I love it! :B

I was on the Mogollon Rim in northern Arizona this weekend and found a nice spot near the edge.
Pete

Pete - Where is the Mogollon Rim - is this in the Kaibab Plateau North of the North Rim of the GC?

The Mogollon Rim is just north of Payson, AZ. Here's a link with more info about the Rim.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Bob. I'll look that up. That was a beautiful spot.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

revump
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
pkjr wrote:

I looked through all 24 pages, and Wow!, you folks sure know how to boondock and camp! I love it! :B

I was on the Mogollon Rim in northern Arizona this weekend and found a nice spot near the edge.
Pete

Pete - Where is the Mogollon Rim - is this in the Kaibab Plateau North of the North Rim of the GC?

It runs just south of Show Low, AZ
Bob

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
pkjr wrote:

Pete

2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton