Explorer
Explorer
Camp Host, from the other side.
953 REPLIES 953

tdsxt51
Explorer
Explorer
mesoman7 wrote:
From our southern Utah trip in Jun 2014.

Outside Goblin Valley State Park

The view from the site.

Muley Point. Cedar Mesa, or at the top of the Moki Dugway.

A little perspective...

From the "front yard". Monument Valley in the distance.

Man oh man we live in a beautiful country, but there is nothing like the West and Southwest anywhere in the world. Great pics, and I can't wait to get back out there. Only 3 1/2 more years...
2014 RAM 2500 CTD 6.7 CCLB Auto
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Mesoman7 - know the Stanley area well. Just went up yesterday exploring but way too much snow on the side roads, just right though for cross country skiers.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

mesoman7
Explorer
Explorer
Boondock site near Stanley Lake, ID last June. This was the view from the campsite.

Yeah, I know. Should have stayed at the Super8.

Night shot from the same location.

Earlier in the night. Turned up the post-processing "just a bit".

2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 19ft
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD V-8

mesoman7
Explorer
Explorer
Dan -

I didn't take the trailer up the Moki Dugway. I came in from the north. It might have been doable, but ONLY if you didn't meet anyone coming the other direction. I did take the Tacoma down and back up. Not a problem.

On the way back up, there was a black Porsche 911 at the bottom. I thought; "Certainly, they're not going to take that up the Moki." Well, shortly after returning to Muley Point, there was the Porsche parked in front of my campsite. Now keep in mind that I had to carefully maneuver my high-clearance Tacoma over a few spots. I saw an older couple returning to the car. I said; "I can't believe you got that car in here". He says (in a strong German accent); "Yah, I vas very careful". Gotta love those German tourists.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mesoman, how did you get that trailer up the Moki Dugway?? That is a very tricky road.

Great photos, folks!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Love the pics too!

Mesoman7 - our fist boondock I was the same way! Not anymore, I prefer boondocking out in the middle of what seems like nowhere. No neighbors.

SoCalz - love that photo and love that spot too!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
Socalz, cool pic!

Mesoman, thanks for posting the pics, I'm looking forward to ATVing Red Canyon.

I really enjoy this thread, nice to see some pics being posted!
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

mesoman7
Explorer
Explorer
From our southern Utah trip in Jun 2014.

Outside Goblin Valley State Park

The view from the site.

Muley Point. Cedar Mesa, or at the top of the Moki Dugway.

A little perspective...

From the "front yard". Monument Valley in the distance.

mesoman7
Explorer
Explorer
My 1st boondock spot. Red Canyon, west of Bryce Canyon. Nothing fancy, just an overnight stop on the way to Lake Powell. Just a flat spot in the forest. No one anywhere to be seen. I must admit, it was a little spooky when the sun went down. I'm over it now.:o

Socalz
Explorer
Explorer

One of my favorite weekend camping spots close to home. BLM managed land 20 miles NE of Barstow, CA. I can camp all weekend and never see another person, sort of a rarity for Southern California. The picture is a still from a video I shot with my quad-copter.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm, I'll have to look up Wildhorse Canyon. Beautiful location.

mesoman7
Explorer
Explorer
First attempt at posting a pic. Hope this works!

Wildhorse Canyon. Central Idaho mountains. No one else here but grazing cattle. Around 8 am, they surrounded the trailer and began mooing. Actually, a pleasant alarm clock. This was July 2013.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite in mid-December, 2015 -- six inches of fresh snow on the ground, temperatures in the teens and twenties all week long, almost no one else in the campground. Not quite boondocking, but very close to it:

From the front of the trailer, we could look up and see Half Dome covered in snow:

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
BoonHauler - I perused your forum on your boonhauler. Amazing! Looking forward to its completion.

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
Nice pics, Thanks for posting them!

I'm looking forward to spending time in Idaho.
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614