cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yuma: Shangrila La vs Las Quintas Oasis or?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
My hubby is leaning toward Yuma for the weather. We want 55+ & don't have any pets. Shangrila La seems to have more reviews, but it sounds like the spaces are tight compared to Las Quintas. Has anyone stayed at both, or seen both, to give us a comparison? The wild card is The Palms, but it sounds like the trees can make parking difficult. Your opinions? Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

KO
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed in Yuma for the last 8 years. I stay at Rivers Edge Resort which is on the Colorado River just on the other side of Yuma - actually is in CA. It has trees for shade and plenty of room in each space. You pay electric - water is included in price. Shade is worth it!

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
RVcrazy wrote:
My hubby is leaning toward Yuma for the weather. We want 55+ & don't have any pets. Shangrila La seems to have more reviews, but it sounds like the spaces are tight compared to Las Quintas. Has anyone stayed at both, or seen both, to give us a comparison? The wild card is The Palms, but it sounds like the trees can make parking difficult. Your opinions? Thanks!

Both of these have noise and traffic problems. Not the best choices.

Paul
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
We have spent the last ten winters(actually 6 months every year)at Cocopah RV and Golf Resort. It is a great place. They have an abundance of activities and is a very quiet pace to live.
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are hunting amenities, you might try the new Carefree Village. There are about 73 RV parks in the Yuma area. Be sure to check on the cost of power, monthly reading charge and if they also have water meters. And believe me the word "Resort" is the most verbally abused word in the RV Park industry.

TubaPete
Explorer
Explorer
Never been to Shanggrial but have visited friends at Las Quintas. Las Quintas is also a nice park, our friends have returned to it several times. They have a 36' fifth wheel and they always had enough room.
Tuba Pete

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at Shangrila in the past for several years and would recommend the park. The spaces are not that tight, or not as tight as I've seen in other parks. The spaces provide enough space to park your car next to your coach, even if you have the awning out.

Shangraila is out in the Foothills, about 15 minutes from downtown Yuma. Most of the newer parks are out in the Foothills.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow