cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam products are JUNK!!

Parrothead288
Explorer II
Explorer II

I bought my first camper about 7 months ago after years of searching for just the right one. I had been warned by hundreds of friends, no exaggeration, not to buy from CW and definitely DO NOT use any Good Sam products! Well, I like to make my own determinations depending on the service I get. My local CW has been good to me so far with everything I have needed. Well, I bought the highest level of every GS product available when I got my camper. What a waste of money!!! They are absolutely worthless and I donโ€™t know how any salesperson can sleep peddling that crap at the dealership. It has now all been canceled and I have gone with a reputable company.

8 REPLIES 8

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III

Rants are a great stress reliever but otherwise useless. Elaborating on the issues you had would be useful and helpful. FYI, those services are provided by insurance companies with Good Sam being the group they cover. Just like working for a company and being covered by their insurance. For what it is worth, I have both services and the rare times that I needed them there were no issues.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

I am very glad they were good to you. I wish no ill will on any consumer. The coverage I was promised versus what I received were completely different from one another and not in a good way. My rant is just to warn others as I have already removed all GS coverage from my life and gone with another carrier that I have had awesome customer service from for years.

The reason I did not start with them is because I like to give people a chance. But once you screw me, Iโ€™m done.

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my rant.

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II

Camping World sells the same products and brands as most other RV stores, I'm confused about "cancelling" everything too?

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

I am specifically speaking of the travel assist and Platinum plus roadside assistance. Both of those products/services are garbage and not worth the time they took to lie to me and get me to buy them!!

A clearer explanation stating Good Sam Travel and Roadside Assistance should have been stated in your original post.  

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

I apologize that I am not a professional complainer. Now that I have ditched the GS travel assist and roadside and gone with a reputable company, I am sure I will not be making another rant.

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III

What products that Good Sam didn't make are you complaining about? I have not seen anything that Good Sam makes. Maybe you are confusing it with Camping World? Even then, Camping World does not make anything. 

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

I am specifically speaking of the travel assist and Platinum plus roadside assistance. Both of those products/services are garbage and not worth the time they took to lie to me and get me to buy them!!