cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Read vs. Unread Post Display

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II

How do we know when a post has been read or is still unread?  There are no markings, no bold/not bold typeface, literally nothing to tell us if it's been read or not.

Yet another reason why this format change was rolled out far, far too early.  We really don't appreciate having to beta test for you, GS...

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more
5 REPLIES 5

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II

So I click "Mark all read" and it works.  Sometimes -- depends on which forum I'm in.  But then when I log in again, ALL the posts are bold, not just the ones I've not read.

What a mess.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

I wonder if it's because of the merge all posts are marked unread. Since it's already messed up maybe try a test on a forum. Let's say the Fifth wheel forum only because it's on top of the group list.

• Click on Groups
  • Hover over Fifth Wheel Group
  • Click on Forum (This is important, just clicking on the group seems to act differently)
  • Now once in the forum on the right side find the Options followed by the three dots.
  • Hover over Options and click on Mark All As Read.
  • Then come back in an hour or tomorrow and see how it looks
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II

This is where I normally go:  

Log-in to Good Sam Community.  Groups show up.  I click on a group.  That forum opens, supposedly with Most Recent on top of the list.

All have bolded titles, whether read or unread.

Czarny, black cat

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

You know I was going to tell you that the unread posts are bold. which is true, but the way they display this needs some more work so it's kind of not true. For example if you go to this link Unread posts  it will show you all unread posts. But it appears that if there is a hot open topic with 20 replies you will get all 20 links on your screen, not just one link to click on and then read all the new replies inside like in RV.net. At least that's what I think it's doing.

Edit: wait I see it. if you click on the link then right above the first post are two buttons Discussions and Posts. I was clicked on Posts so I was seeing everything that was unread instead of only the unread topics which is a much smaller list.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

To answer your original question the unread post titles are supposed to be bold and read post titles not bold