cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wasn't there a dinghy section somewhere?

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III

I swear there was a dinghy sub section under MHs but now I can't find anything. There's a tow vehicle for TT's and the like, but nothing for dinghy's. Maybe I am missing it. maybe I am losing my mind.  😉

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @way2roll

You are not losing your mind! There was a Dingy Towing Forum on the old RV.net. However, in the updated community, we have a couple of options on where you can post your Dinghy questions. Here in Motorhomes, Tow Vehicles, or even RV Tips & Tricks. All this being said if we see enough content to warrant a new Dingy section we are happy to create one! 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Koronok
Explorer
Explorer

I wasn't aware that "toad" referred to a towed vehicle in the RV world.

There are toads and tow vehicles.  A "toad" (towed) or dinghy is a car pulled behind a motorhome. A Tow vehicle is usually a truck pulling a FW or TT. 

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II

So now toads are really tow vehicles in this fantasy world? 

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @way2roll

You are not losing your mind! There was a Dingy Towing Forum on the old RV.net. However, in the updated community, we have a couple of options on where you can post your Dinghy questions. Here in Motorhomes, Tow Vehicles, or even RV Tips & Tricks. All this being said if we see enough content to warrant a new Dingy section we are happy to create one! 

Evan, a toad (towed vehicle/dinghy) question should never be over in Tow Vehicles.  They are not the same thing.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Hey @Wanderlost

Thanks for the helpful feedback. I think you are saying that an updated forum called "Dinghy/Towed Vehicle" would be helpful to you and the community. If so, I can work to make that happen and move some recent content over to that page. 

As always a I appreciate your feedback and patience! 

Everyone who tows a vehicle behind their RV would be very happy if you set up that forum.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Welcome to the world where the user is not important. Neither is the content. What is important is that the "designers" are happy. Period.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Got it, thanks! I only ask cuz we are looking for a new toad.