cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding washer/dryer prep to a 5er

Pfeifer6
Explorer
Explorer
This may likely have been asked before but I've just got a minute before bed here and was hoping someone might be able to share thoughts on the idea of adding washer/dryer prep. We are moving into a 5th wheel with our four young kids within the next 2-4 weeks. Currently have a bunkhouse with opposing slides and half bath...which we thought was great but recently came to the conclusion that a toyhauler with loft area would better suit our needs. Fell in love with a 2011 Keystone Fuzion 405. It's perfect!! EXCEPT, no w/d prep. A washer and dryer is going to be a big deal for us. Dealbreaker on this rig probably. Just holding out a little hope we can still make it work.

Adding prep too much work? My husband is really good at DIY- grew up remodeling homes with his Dad. However he's not super comfortable with electric. Everything else (plumbing, etc.) he could do and most likely electric also just not sure how involved it would be and if we should just keep searching.

Thanks ahead of time for any advice.
3 REPLIES 3

Pfeifer6
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick replies! That does sound a bit involved. ๐Ÿ˜ž It's a new splendide vented that we just purchased for our current rig. Unless we let it convey (depends on how much they will give us in trade).

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps 240VAC depending on the dryer. Ventless is possible with a condenser dryer. The dryer drains to the same drain as the washer.
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Washer /dryer prep

Need Hot & Cold water plumbing run to area
Need 120V AC power (outlet) run to area...should be on it's own circuit breaker
Need washer drain line run to a waste water tank.......could be to grey or to the black
Washer drain line needs 'P' trap and vent to roof
Need dryer vent cutout in side of RV or a dryer that discharges into the area (hate those)
RV washer/dryers....means small loads so frequent washing

OR local laundromat once a week
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31