cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody ever removed the bathroom sink?

lfrese
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody ever removed the bathroom sink to make the shower bigger? The cheap plastic sink in my motorhome leaks and the water doesnt feed into the shower so It looks like I will need to get it replaced but all of the rv repair ships around are booked until mid September! Just bought this thing and would like to be able to take a shower when we take it on on the weekends so I am considering removing the bathroom sink all together and extending the shower, there is a sink in the kitchen anyways. How difficult would something like this be?
7 REPLIES 7

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
So you just bought this trailer and want to be able to use the shower? So, you bought it with a shower that you can't use? Im confused how the bathroom sink leaking impacts your use of the shower. If the shower feed comes off the faucet for the sink, why can't you switch it to shower mode before you turn on the water?

I would just replace the sink myself. Should be just as easy (if not easier) than a house sink.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
why not do it yourself?
I just removed and replaced our sink and faucet set. Did this to in toilet and shower area.
If it is metal, reach under and see if there are metal studs. use a putty knife and slide under sink to break the seal.
During this time, it is good to add shutoff valves to the 1/2 pex lines. I used sharkbites, 3/8 to 1/2 lines.
If you do not want to do that, get 1/2 PVC plugs and screw into the end of the pex lines to prevent leaking while you replace the sink.

it is no different then working on a house - just smaller.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 21 foot Toyota RV, it had a fairly useless sink in the bathroom, seriously 21 foot RV with a 2nd sink. I no longer have a second sink but a nice storage area.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
4x4van wrote:
I'm not quite sure what the bathroom sink (leaky or not) has to do with not being able to take a shower?

lfrese wrote:
....The cheap plastic sink in my motorhome leaks and the water doesnt feed into the shower....

I'm assuming his sink faucet has a connection on it for the shower wand.

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm not quite sure what the bathroom sink (leaky or not) has to do with not being able to take a shower?
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
lfrese wrote:
Anybody ever removed the bathroom sink to make the shower bigger? The cheap plastic

sink in my motorhome leaks and the water doesnt feed into the shower so It looks like I will need to get it replaced

but all of the rv repair ships around are booked until mid September! Just bought this thing and would like to be able to take a shower when we take it on on the weekends so I am considering removing the bathroom sink all together and extending the shower, there is a sink in the kitchen anyways. How difficult would something like this be?

Call an RV mobile repair. They will have a new sink for you the next day and installed the same day!!

They are far more experienced at RV repairs anyway and can give better advice and quicker turnaround....like in one day right in your driveway or CG site.

My bathroom sink dumps into the black tank also. The one thing I would be concerned about doing it your self is how you will have to seal up the pipe leading to the black tank to be safe regarding sewer gas from black tank.

And IMHO extending a shower with pan, drain and plumbing and floor replacement would be too huge a remodel that I would ever decide on. And the fact that it will seriously affect the resale value on the RV. I'd think most people would want a bathroom sink.

Fix or repair the sink! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call a rv tech ask if he knows some one who does this work. I,d never ever let a dealer do this or call a carpenter who does these things lot of them on craigs list. have a plan before you do this. they should be able to draw up a print of what it,ll be when done.money half up front ,the rest at the finished job, really nice? I tip .