cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Entertainment Center Mod

Lokin4deer
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought this camper it had a entertainment center for the much deeper tube TV. No sooner did my wife see this she had the idea of putting doors on it and making it a much more friendly food pantry. So I went to work and you can scroll through pics from start to finish to see the results. I am pleased with how it came out. I have about 80 bucks in the project.

This is how it started. The un finished board you see is my homemade TV bracket. Just a wood cleat.

This gives you idea on how deep it is.

I am bad about taking during pics but this is the frames built before I added the backer. And unfortunately the only during pic I took.

Here is the shelf I added. You can stand 2 cans up on the bottom and big boxes of cereal and chips on top.

This shows how the stain matched the oak shelf better then the pine doors.

Here is the finished project with the TV bracket now stained. The stain is not a perfect match but it is close

A closer look. It will annoy me that 2 doors don't line up perfect but it's to difficult to try and fix it. I call it character now.

Both doors open.

The finished pic with the TV hanging where it will go.
2003 2500 Dodge CTD 48RE 3:73 LSD
2007 Heartland Trailrunner T2700bhs
3 REPLIES 3

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice work!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
Good Job! Don't sweat the doors. Winnebago couldn't get it right on my coach either and they do it for a living.

It's funny how big and heavy TVs used to be and how almost over-night they became scrap.
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Good job! Thanks for posting.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch