cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extender handle for roof vents

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
I can just barely reach the vent handle in the living room on our 5er and my wife has no chance, even on the step stool. A friend's son developed this extension handle for just this problem. www.jbkwikstik.com I haven't ordered one yet, but looks like it will solve the problem.

I've seen other home-made ones, and read discussion on ones that others have built, but lately it seems like all my "round to-its" have expired and I'm left with a whole bunch of unfinished projects, so I'm going to order one.

Will post back once I get it.

Greg
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er
5 REPLIES 5

path1
Explorer
Explorer
That's what happened to me also. I messed around making one till I ran out of time went and ordered one. Something you might want to keep in mind, I Think the handle comes with one attachment knob and they get even more if you have to order again. If you're using for more than one vent, you might want to order all at once. And the other end of stik works OK for switch on bath vent fan.

Now I'm all though playing the on/off turn on guy. Except top cabinet above sink to get out stuff in back.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I'd just get one of those shaft extenders for $2.95, fasten it to a standard expansion paint/etc. pole or selfie stick. and save $25 myself.
bumpy

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
That looks PERFECT for DW. Those other handle extenders were no help for DW. She was STILL too short.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
I had on of those spring loaded refrigerator rods break and used the end of the one section to reach my vent crank. The hole in the one side fits just perfect and was just long enough to reach.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
There has been extensions on the market for years.

Shaft extender.

Extended crank handles.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson