cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

filling fresh water with city water hook up

papper
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you like me that do not have tne luxury to be able to fill your fresh water tank direct with city water hookup here's what to do.Go to your fresh water pump and install a tee in the pump suction line and one to the outlet line. Now run a line between these two tee's with a shut offvalve. To fill the tank with city water hook up just open this newly install bypass valve.Make sure the pump is shut off.
To explain this. The pump suction line is hook up to the fresh water tank and the pump outlet line is hook up to city water so with this bypass open city water will fill the tank.I always open the tank lid in case the vent line would be plug. After the tank is full don't forget to shut off the valve
19 REPLIES 19

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
Your modifications could be augmented to facilitate the winterizing process as well. Put a tee valve on the suction side of the pump and add a hose to the tee valve and you are ready to suck antifreeze out of a jug. The valve will control the source of liquid for the pump; fresh water tank or jug. Cap off that new hose when not in use for extra safety.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Our unit also has the fresh tank fill on the opposite side of the water connection and I also carry a extra length of hose with the clear end to insert into the fill hole & as mentioned cannot run full blast but then I am not in a hurry to get tank filled. Besides we seldom don't have water hook up. We like hook ups with water & electric, sewer is not mandatory but convenient if staying more than 4 or 5 nights. ๐Ÿ™‚
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
papper wrote:
also I have problem with filling with gravity due to water keep spiting out.

That problem can be solved with the "accessory" hose end with a valve and a 12 inch clear hose on it.....to get down INTO the tank. You still can't run it full blast, probably, but it eliminates most of the problem. And having an extra 15 feet of hose on board can be useful in other circumstances too.

But your solution will work too.......if done right.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

papper
Explorer
Explorer
My inlet is on the opposite side of rv and also I have problem with filling with gravity due to water keep spiting out. Lot easier to just open a valve.Most higher end rv have this build in option.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Please explain to me:
If you have a hose connected to the "city water" connection on the RV......why you can't simply swing that hose over to the inlet for filling the tank ????

If you sell the unit, I hope you will leave some documentation with it that explains your modification.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"