cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Filling water from a sink

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website
13 REPLIES 13

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
portscanner wrote:
Well, I just got thrown out of a campground for trying that dustpan trick.

The campground owner had a problem with me manoeuvring my camper close enough to the sink so that I could fill my fresh water tank.

After reviewing the surveillance footage........no wonder whey you got kicked out.........
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
RICE - I was looking on AMAZON and found the adapter. I only shop at WALMART-LOWES-and AMAZON it seems... I use the internet to get the part number then immediately go to AMAZON to buy it...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I just got thrown out of a campground for trying that dustpan trick.

The campground owner had a problem with me manoeuvring my camper close enough to the sink so that I could fill my fresh water tank.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

Rice
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the link! I never would have figured out how to search for that exact type. There's a nice graphic of what types of faucets it will work on.

That page also showed a different adapter, which appears to work on more types of faucets.

But this one is twice the price. Aah, decisions, decisions.

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
Rice wrote:
The Water Thief adapters don't work well for faucets like the one in the OP's photo. There's just not enough faucet for them to clamp onto, even with a hose clamp.

RoyB, what is that orange and black adapter called? I can't quite read the name on it, and I want one.

Claber Faucet adaptor
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly

Rice
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Water Thief adapters don't work well for faucets like the one in the OP's photo. There's just not enough faucet for them to clamp onto, even with a hose clamp.

RoyB, what is that orange and black adapter called? I can't quite read the name on it, and I want one.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
96Bounder30E wrote:

I have one of these rubber type adapters (also known as a water thief) with a thumb screw hose clamp on it........no tools needed!

Oh Drat another thing I have to buy that I heard of here. :B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
96Bounder30E wrote:
I have one of these rubber type adapters (also known as a water thief) with a thumb screw hose clamp on it........no tools needed!

I'll have to find myself a hose clamp like that, looks great!
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
GordonThree wrote:
neat idea about the dust pan!

I've used one of these at a few parks that for whatever reason did not have their water turned on except in the bathrooms.

Downside is, you pretty much have to hold it on to most faucets if you run the water at decent pressure.

Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
neat idea about the dust pan!

I've used one of these at a few parks that for whatever reason did not have their water turned on except in the bathrooms.

Downside is, you pretty much have to hold it on to most faucets if you run the water at decent pressure.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wish I had thought about that - Last time we was at Loft mtn on Skyline Drive I had to get water from the side wash room. Only had a sink in it so I had to hold up my 5-gallon can to get water. That sure would have come in handy for that. I have the same dust pan shown above..

I was going to add one of these adapters to the RV TOOL Box...

Thanks for the idea

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Very clever field expediency.
Ray

Airstreamer67
Explorer
Explorer
The Sprit of the Scouts is alive and well!