cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GlowStep Revolution Install A Bit Delayed But Well Worth It

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
In late 2015 I was contacted by Torklift International about their GlowStep Revolution replacement RV step assembly. I had been reading about this product on an RV Forum and asked a question or two about the product and then TorkLift contacted me. They were looking for some feedback from actual users since this is a new product. Their offer was to provide a GlowStep Revolution at no charge for a written evaluation after install. I provided the measurements and the GlowStep Revolution showed up. Part of the agreement was that I install promptly and provide the agreed to feedback.

Unfortunately I was unable to hold up my end of the agreement to โ€œinstall promptlyโ€. I had several issues that came up such as a failed EPDM roof that was leaking and required immediate attention. Because I was not able to โ€œinstall promptlyโ€ I offered to return the GlowStep Revolution to Torklift. They refused and said they would work with me and they have to an amazing degree. This all ended with the install taking place on 4-10-16.

The OEM steps were removed (heavy) and the GlowStep Revolution frame was installed. After all dimensions were checked to verify which mounting holes to use in the provided brackets the frame was tightened up and the step assembly was installed (2 bolts).

The GlowStep Revolution is a fantastic product IMHO. The quality is excellent, no rocking of my rig as I walk up and down the steps since the weight is on the step landing gear feet. Another feature is the glow panels on the sides of each step. At night it is almost like looking at an airport runway at night. You know exactly where to step with no other lighting needed. I did go from the original 3 step to 4 with the GlowStep Revolution which makes the extra bottom portable step unnecessary. The vertical distance from the door threshold is only 6.5โ€. I donโ€™t know what the original was since I didnโ€™t measure it prior to removal, but it was a lot more than 6.5โ€ inches. Old knees know the difference however. I donโ€™t have a scale, but I canโ€™t be sure of the exact weight difference, but the GlowStep Revolution is a lot lighter the OEM steel step assembly. You definitely feel the difference when lifting each.

I canโ€™t say enough about Torklift and the GlowStep Revolution. The product is superb and their support is second to none which is very refreshing in todayโ€™s world and it is Made In The U.S.A.
Please let me know if any of you have any specific questions not answered in this post. I will gladly help any way I can. I do have other pictures not posted here if there is something specific you want to see.

My recommendation is to get a GlowStep Revolution. You will never regret it.

I am in no way employed by or have any type of relationship with Torklift other than being a very satisfied user of their GlowStep Revolution.

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010
4 REPLIES 4

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I remember TORKLIFT doing this originally with giving out free BATTERY BOXES for the good or bad reviews haha...

I was always to leary getting something for free but guess the TORKLIFT deal was a good thing. Hear about their deals all the time on here...

They have a pretty fancy battery box now with a built-in top-off charger being a solar panel - pretty neat idea

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen steps of a very similar design on truck campers.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice! I wonder if they'll come out with a power version eventually...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Yes indeed. They did the same for me. It is a fantastic product and they are great people to deal with. The steps and the frame work that holds it are top notch aircraft quality.