cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hot Rodd water heater needing reset often

Michigander
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed a Hot Rodd with the on off switch and it works great but once a day it needs the reset button pushed. Any ideas on what causes it to trip?

Thanks!
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
Honda civic toad "RGOCART"

"A father measures his wealth not in his possessions, but in the happiness of his family"
3 REPLIES 3

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
OP...........
Anything :H
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I take it its the t-stat that is tripping and needing reset ????

The t-stats are factory set...normal controlling t-stat for 120*F (adjustable by end user) and the ECO Energy Cut Out/HI temp t-stat 170*F (fixed)

IF normal t-stat doesn't shut down heating at 120*F then the ECO will open at 170*F and have to be MANUALLY reset

If normal t-stat is NOT held tight against tank wall it can NOT open at correct temp so temps can go higher...can be intermittent
If normal t-stat as failed closed heating will continue until ECO trips...would happen every heating cycle
ECO could be opening at to low of a temp.....rare

IF blue/red wiring on the t-stats are loose/dirty/bad connections...intermittent issues can occur
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
The most often thing for trip outs to happen is an overload condition. The most often overload condition is a weak connection. Check the electrical wiring from the source to the device, and then back on the neutral for loose wiring.

When service people replace your failed appliances, they always tighten your wiring, and they know which ones have failed, and which ones you replaced that are perfectly good but the wiring failed. Do your troubleshooting before you replace the unit.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel