cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How would you use this in your RV?

MikeIa
Explorer
Explorer
Just ran across this project on Kickstarter. Combination fuse block and controller, eight 15amp circuits with a total of 100 amps per unit. On/Off or PWM dimming for LED's. Controllable and programmable over Bluetooth. 8 sensor inputs so that you can perform actions based in sensor data like On, Off or Low voltage.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/craftycoder/motobrain-high-tech-automotive-power-distribution
8 REPLIES 8

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
The statement that "There is nothing like it on the market" is false. I was at a Wanderlodge Rally in Frankenmuth, MI a few weeks ago. (I had a SOB, some other brand) but was there with muy daughter & SIL who do have a Wanderlodge. There was one fellow there who does this type of work for a living and his entire Bird was controlled from his I Phone or an I Pad, whichever was convenient. He could dim lights anyplace in the RV, put down shades, play the musical horn, lock doors, etc. Look at soe of the custom units built on Prevost and they have all of that already installed from the factory. It isn't new or the only one of a kind. For money you can buy it already.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

gon2dadawgs
Explorer
Explorer
X3 KISS.....Keep It Simple Stupid

Michael
Home is where you unhitch

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
reasley wrote:
Seems a little over the top. It would add another layer of complexity and make trouble shooting even more difficult.

x2, make a good gadget for Ipad geek users.
bumpy

reasley
Explorer
Explorer
Seems a little over the top. It would add another layer of complexity and make trouble shooting even more difficult.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
If the inventor would enable this device with a data logger, battery SOC measurement, and converter/solar controller status, it would supplant the usual Trimetric, Victron, or brand-proprietary meters that are commonly used.

I see it's greatest functionality as a remote control as it is configured and I would bet there are similar remote control devices that would be way cheaper.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

wkswenson
Explorer
Explorer
Very interesting idea.
Walter & Donna Swenson
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL - Front Living, Trail Air
2011 Dodge RAM 3500 6.7 CTD DRW CC LB
Our Website - "A Work in Progress"

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
Looks neat, but the question is, how much power does the controller itself draw? Remember, you got a radio and a microprocessor in there to run that thing. For those of us who camp w/o hookups, every millimap hour counts.

On a motorcycle, if you dont run it every day, depending on the load, that could kill the battery in a few days.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Would be great as an OEM option....could use your phone as a remote to turn off lights and TV etc when you are in bed. They would need to block or limit the current settings so the end user doesn't set max current above what the wire can handle, ie 20A on less than 12 ga wire.