cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I camouflaged my Honda EU2000

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Here's something I did to my Honda EU2000 generator to make it slightly less visible to thieves - I installed a vinyl wrap on it.

I camouflaged my Honda EU2000

This is a used generator I bought that Home Depot was surplussing out of their rental fleet. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it was in far better condition, and a much better price than EU2k's I've seen on Craigslist that look like they fell off a fast moving freight train.

My typical method of using an EU2k is run out an 80' extension cord as far as it will reach. I do this when remote camping (boondocking in the forest).

Sometimes I will even chain it to a tree overnight and power a small space heater on the lowest setting all night, instead of running the propane furnace (which is noisy)
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator
27 REPLIES 27

packnrat
Explorer
Explorer
i like the thought of the gen bolted down and the 2, 200 pound rotts get to sleep next to it.
rotts get very protective of things.
2006 F250 4X4 auto 6.0 short bed
2001 sunnybrook 24 ft
1984 cj7 built up a bit
kg6tgu
never too many toys, just not enought room to keep them
one dog who belives she is the master. rip 12 12 2007
12 loving years and loyal to the end.
just out having fun

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Part 2, which has close-up view:

Part 2

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
It was spray cans. Probably Krylon. The paint I used is textured and has a very rough finish on the surface. This has been about 5 years and it is still holding up. There are 3 or 4 red scratches, at this point. I was not looking for beauty. Just didn't want the red drawing attention.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I suspect the Krylon paintin the spray cans would do the job. I have used it on most of the plastic things on my trailer (window trim on outside doors, stove vent, fridge vent on roof, all the little plastic hookup up receptacles etc.) and has lasted for over 12 years without changing color or yellowing like the original material did.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
What type of paint would one use to paint the plastic on the generator? I am not interested in camo but would rather paint it to match the RV. Basically white with stripes matching the RV stripes.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Can't believe this topic has come up. I bought my two red Hondas before the camo models were available.

Had plans to boondock for 3 nights, for the Sugar Bowl, in a New Orleans lot across from the Convention Center. I was concerned about the bright red, so I removed all the decals and painted my two EU2000i generators with a dull, dark green. They were also locked down, as well as I could manage.

We had 24 hour security, but who trusts security in New Orleans. Sometime, they're the ones you need to be most concerned about.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
maddog348 wrote:
One that comes fully painted is cooler

The factory camo gens aren't painted. If I can find a Camo EU2200 Companion, I'll buy it and sell this one.

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
One that comes fully painted is cooler

Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest

Honda Power Equipment EU2000I1A4 Generator Camo, Steel
Roll over image to zoom in

by Honda
Honda Power Equipment EU2000I1A4 Generator Camo, Steel
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 customer review
Price: $1,704.18 & FREE Shipping
New (3) from $1,299.95 + $29.49 shipping
Specifications for this item
Part Number EU2000I1A4
Number of Items 1
Measurement System US
UPC 786102003506
Brand Name Honda
EAN 0786102003506
Item Weight 42.0 pounds
Material Steel
Model Number EU2000I1A4
UNSPSC Code 26111600
Warranty Description 2 Year
Wattage 1600 watts
See more product det

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
deltabravo wrote:
Snip...
I don't have a photo hosting account that works with forums any more, that's why there's no pics.... When photobucket stopped allowing photos on forums, I gave up sharing photos.

Snip...

To expand just a bit on the post by Mr. Wizard -
It is very easy to post pictures on our forums. One of our moderators, 1492, developed this photo posting app to post your pictures. It works for other internet sites also. There is no need to have a separate hosting site for your pictures in order to use it. It is also much easier to use than Photobucket used to be.

It is very simple to use.
1. Upload your picture from your computer to the app.
2. Copy the resulting URL.
3. Paste that URL into your post without ANY changes. No additions or deletions.

Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on our forums.:)
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
MrWizard wrote:
photo hosting for this forum

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

this link has been posted in these forums many times since photoBucket S%$#@ everybody

Yep, I know... but It's easier just to not take photos.

MrWizard
photo hosting for this forum

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

this link has been posted in these forums many times since photoBucket S%$#@ everybody
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
deltabravo wrote:
Yep, I should have posted more details.

Here's the details:

This is a used generator I bought that Home Depot was surplussing out of their rental fleet. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it was in far better condition, and a much better price than EU2k's I've seen on Craigslist that look like they fell off a fast moving freight train.

My typical method of using an EU2k is run out an 80' 12 AWG extension cord as far as it will reach. I do this when remote camping (boondocking in the forest) while running small AC loads.

For A/C or heavy battery charging, I don't use the long cord, I use the 25' 10 AWG cord that came with the RV (to minimize voltage drop)

When remote camping, sometimes I will even chain it to a tree overnight and power a small space heater on the lowest setting all night, instead of running the propane furnace (which is noisy). I have a small 3 setting space heater, which has a 600, 900 and 1500 watt setting. EU2k will run all night on a tank of gas with the heater on the 600 watt setting.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
MrWizard wrote:
good reason for the 'Camo' job

could have saved some comments, if that was in the OP with a picture

Yep, I should have posted more details. Original post has been edited.

I don't have a photo hosting account that works with forums any more, that's why there's no pics.... When photobucket stopped allowing photos on forums, I gave up sharing photos.

BUT, it brings up a reason to make another video.
Sound like a good project for the pending snowstorm that will keep me home bound.

MrWizard
good reason for the 'Camo' job

could have saved some comments, if that was in the OP with a picture
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s