cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED color adjustable lights for interior

scerqua
Explorer
Explorer
I know that it must exist somewhere, but where to find???

I have basic LED lights in my TT.. They are bright and very clinical.

In my house I happen to use the Philips HUE lighting, which is adjustable with a vareity of colors. I tend to just stick to dim yellow lights for night time, and orange and yellow glows for morning. Occasionally I put on some bright colors for mood lighting, like blue or greens for football games.

Why can't i find this technology for my travel trailer? or why is there no color adjustable LED light replacement? i see replacement fixtures for basic LED lights. I see color adjustable strips, but no merge of the two.

Id just like to have a few lights on with a warm golden glow in the evening using my LED fixtures.

Please help if you know where or how I can accomplish this.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Road-Trekker
Explorer
Explorer
I added strips of RGB LED inside our existing overhead light fixtures. The lights are controlled using a smartphone app via WIFI connection. I can set the LED lights to any color I prefer; I can even make the LED's play with any sound or background musicโ€ฆjust to give you a DIY idea.
Link: Click here.
Roadtrek Agile SS: Roadtrek Modifications

aviator41
Explorer
Explorer
Are you wanting to replace entire fixtures, or just the bulb inside?

A lot would depend on the type of bulb you're wanting to replace but you can find replacement RGB adjustable bulbs for just about any automotive 12V socket on Amazon.

MrWizard
Philips hue has strip lighting
Use a dc to dc converter or an inverter
Put the strip lighting under cabinets behind valances etc..
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Search RGB LED Strips on eBay and get out your wallet
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
A quick google search turned up this. I have no idea of the quality or whether the included bulb bases would work with your fixtures (though probably not), but it's a reasonable starting point and the price is reasonable and there are a bunch of related product variants to look into.

Another possibility might be the Ikea Dioder multicolor light pucks. I believe they use a 12V transformer (well, little switching power supply) to power them, so a bit of surgery should allow them to work directly from the RV's 12V system. Lifespan may be reduced somewhat by the somewhat higher than nominal 12V voltages often present in an RV.